Understanding Bubbles special logic to send page to crawlers

Questions are often raised on the forum about SEO, and a common answer from Bubble has been to point to the fact that “Bubble has special logic to send a page to the crawlers at some point after the page has been rendered”. If this special logic does not seem to work, Bubble documentation encourages users to "consider restructuring the content on a page and how it’s loaded". Furthermore, the documentation refers in this specific context to the URL preview tool in Google Search Console, from which we can infer that if this “special logic” is working, the URL preview should be as expected.

Firstly, this is a nifty system, but without knowing how this “special logic” works, or at least knowing best practices, it’s potentially a matter of endless trial and error to figure out just how the content should be restructured. Does anyone here (or Bubble) have any information about best practice for this logic to function as intented?

Second, I’ve verified that this works for Google (pages are indexed, previews are correct, everything renders well) but I’ve also verified in multiple ways that this does not, in fact, work for Bing - at least not in my case. Due to the lack of clarity on the above, I don’t know if this special logic simply does not work with Bing, or if the issue can be resolved on my end by structuring the page or my logic differently.

For context, I’ve reviewed the preview and rendered code on Bing for multiple pages, and none of them contain the rendered content. I’ve tried various complex pages, as well as a simple page with a static text block, and Bing can’t render that, either. Reviewing the various pages that has been indexed in Bing, they do not reflect any of the content that the relevant pages contains, i.e. Bing has not been able to render them, which means they are not ranking for any relevant keywords, either.

Bing does render JS and has for a long time now been using a (Google) Chromium-based rendering engine, so in most cases, their ability to render a page should be more or less equal to Googles ability to do so. Thus, if the special logic is working so Bing is served my pages in the same fashion as Google is, and if my pages due to structure or other reasons are not blocking that, Bing should be able to render and index the pages just as well as Google does - but that is not the case.

I’ve scoured this forum and found others with the same issue with Bing specifically, though none of their questions have been answered as far as I can tell. The common denominator (and this may well be irrelevant) is that the HTML that Bing renders is always missing the content, but equally always outputs this string: “Your browser was unable to load the application data. We’ve been notified of the issue. Please try again in a few moments and make sure not to use ad-blockers.”

All in all, there seems to be ample evidence that this special logic is not working with Bing at all, or that my pages/logic needs to be structured in a better way for it to work with Bing. I am hoping that we can figure out which it is and best ways forward. While Bing often is an afterthought in terms of SEO, having a presence there could still amount to another 10% or thereabouts of “free” traffic, and should hence not be overlooked.

I think this is important considering the AI that bing has which will most likely make Bing more popular.

@josh Any information or clarity here?

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.