Unique vote system

I’m working in a system that permits employees compliment and comment on each other, but I couldn’t find a way to make the “voting” system.

Basically, in each evaluation , the employee can give a star rating, give one of four fixed compliments and type a comment. The problem is in the compliments system,I wanted only one option to be selected in each evaluation and for this data to be inserted into the database only when the Send button is clicked, along with the other evaluation items, also, it would be even better if the user could select and deselect the compliments without impacting the final result.

Does anyone have any idea how I can do this?

Hi,

You can use custom states for that. I have created a working example here: https://compliment-example.bubbleapps.io/version-test

• Only one icon can be selected. If one is selected, and you click on another one it switches.
  • Only one star can be selected. If you click on a different one, the stars with a higher “value” will be greyed out.
  • I have created a data type “Rating”. If you click the Send button, a new Rating is created.
  • On the right side you see a list of all Ratings that have been submitted to far. Just as a quick quick way to see that it works :slight_smile:

You can find the custom states on the parent group “Group - Voting system”:

The states are set through workflows, whenever you click on one of the items. Let’s take the “Like” icon :+1: as a example:

Note that it set’s the “Like” state to Yes, but all other states to No. This is because you said only one option should be selected at a time. If you want to give multiple praises in one go, then just remove the custom state updates with No.

When you hit the Send button the custom states are taken and a new Rating database entry is created:

Hope this helps!

2 Likes