Unserialize table content and handle in Bubble

Helo!
I have a structure within a database like that Screenshot by Lightshot

how do I do in Bubble to unserialize this content and create UPDATE and POST routines for that table field?

Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks for checking in! You can set up a search to retrieve anything based on a text filter, so in practice this could look like setting a repeating group’s type to be a list of text, the data source to be the list of results (as text) from your API call, or even a plain single text, where you’d split by comma or other separators using text:extract with regex.

thanks for your reply and help @jess !

I’m starting on Bubble yet, I don’t know the tool completely.

In my case, in practice, I don’t know how to set up a call to UPDATE and POST on this database structure :frowning:
In the tutorials I saw, they are always handled by PHP for Unserialize and after the process is done serialize again.
How would I mount this mysql command in Bubble to POST and UPDATE this content?

Hello,

Thanks for checking back in! Certainly understand that it can take some time to get up to speed on Bubble and what you are looking to accomplish is a more complicated introduction to the platform. Our team can assist with best practices and key resources, though we are limited when it comes to custom integrations like this. If you are looking for SQL commands in particular, you might check out our SQL Database Connector. Do let us know if that’s not what you’re looking for or if you have any more questions.

@jess Helo!

I’m having trouble connecting my external mysql database with bubble. I’ve already tested access with another external application and it worked, but not on Bubble.

Always return me this error message Screenshot by Lightshot
my conection: Screenshot by Lightshot

How to fix this?

Hello,

Thanks for circling back on this! This indicates the external server is deciding to reject the connection Bubble attempts to make, which can be due to a multitude of reasons that may not always pertain to the Bubble app itself.

One suggestion is to ensure that your app’s domain has been whitelisted. It’s not possible to provide an exact IP for whitelisting since Bubble uses Cloudflare, which obscures this in the interest of better performance for your domain. If your server requires IP whitelisting, it may not be possible to connect using the SQL Database Connector unless your app is on a Dedicated Plan, which offers a static IP. Another common issue that arises in these situations is port forwarding. If you are testing the connection from the same network, you don’t need to forward any ports. In some situations, the ECONNREFUSED can result when the server blocks access to a particular port that hasn’t been properly forwarded.

Additionally, if you are testing the connection from a machine that is already whitelisted, or one that is on the same server as the database, different results will be expected. This is because Bubble’s requests are made from Bubble’s main cluster, and not the client side.

@jess would this be on my server? :point_up:
Thanks!

Yes, that would be on the external server.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.