↕ [Update Apr 28] - Sortable RG Drag & Drop plugin by EzCode

I’ve been setting it up and now it just randomly doesn’t let me move the images. I had this earlier so I stopped and rebuilt but it’s doing it again and I’m not sure what’s getting in the way making these undraggable.

What could be causing this?

Can you send a link in pm? We’ll take a look

Sorry to bug you. I just bought the lifetime version. I’ve got it sorting. But I can’t understand the Thing part of the Save Sorted DB field list dialog. Is there an explanation somewhere? In the editor version I see that the save order button does that element action and I think I have the Database and Field name correct. But what do I put in the Thing field?
thanks
Fred

Hi there,

We are working on a documentation right now.

There you should set the thing ID that you are working with.
This action is saving a list from a thing, so you should set the ID of this thing that you are working with.

In our demo, we are using as a datasource a thing at index 4 from data base, see here:
Screenshot_2020-11-16_at_12_32_31

So for saving action, we are getting the ID of the same item with index 4
Screenshot_2020-11-16_at_12_35_05

If you still have troubles to set it up, contact us via PM, and we will try to help you.

Hi @ezdev :wave:
Does your plugin allow to autosave to database immediately after i drop a group?
And should it works with nested repeating groups? Because i had no luck with the default Drag and Drop plugin.

Thanks!

Hi, nested RG works, see an example on demo page.

However, if you want to drag from one group to another as I see in your gif, then it is not possible.

There’s an event called drag ended, you can set save logic there.

Hey @ezdev , I want to buy this plugin but I dont want to have to subscribe. On your website, you mention that its 40 one time, how do I get that?

I would also be interested in buying the plugin if one-time cost is still an option. :slight_smile:

Hey @ezdev

Is it possible to do a repeating group with another repeating group and have them both be draggable.

Think Trello.

See my video for an understanding:

I am excited to hear your response.

Thank you,
Benjamin

Would buy this in a heart beat if I could drag and drop between different repeating groups.

Any ETA on that feature?

2 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t know that it wasn’t a feature. Interesting. Definitely would love this as a feature. :slight_smile:

@ezdev Your nested “Nested RG example” does not show on the preview page. Was interested to see how that works and if it applies to my current needs. Any chance you could make a fix so I can have a play with it?

See here:

We have fixed the Nested example from demo page, you can now play with it :wink:
Sorry about that.

1 Like

Thanks for that. Unfortunately it looks like that functionality doesn’t match what I need.

Do you have any ETA on the ability to move items from one repeating group to another?

For example, using your “Nested RG Example” I would like to move the inner “Market 1” from the 1st (top) card and place it inside the 4th (bottom) card.

That really worked! I appreciate how much as gone into this app it makes something for me really easy.

2 Questions:

1. I remember seeing somewhere that you would have to have a workflow to trigger saving the new order. I dont have to do that. Any idea why, or is it going to disappear sometime soon?

2. Not huge at all, but what @Minty above me said, any potential timeline for moving from one repeating group to another of the same datatype?

Anyway, amazing work :slight_smile:
Benjamin

1. The existing features will bot disappear, but I’m not really sure what you are talking about.
  2. Most likely we will not add this feature for now, we have tested it and it is too buggy because of how bubble reacts to it when saving new order. This can be done only without saving the final result in the database, but I don’t see a use case for that. Will play more with it anyway, maybe we will find a solution.

P.S.
A small update for everyone else here, we have a documentation page for this plugin now, it does not cover all features but at least some basic important things.

Documentation

https://sortable.ezcodeplugins.com/

@ezdev I found a solution for moving between repeating groups, but it uses the standard free Draggable Elements plugin. Could it be useful to look at for implementing this idea into your app?

Check it out here:

Issue with auto-save. I followed the demo page and created the workflow the same, but maybe im missing something. Would love some help. https://www.loom.com/share/aa91bcef11734c3286bdafb4877c2316

I have the same problem. I have been trying for 2 days but I am not succeeding.

@ezdev some guidance of what we’re missing would help both of us. Thank you https://www.loom.com/share/aa91bcef11734c3286bdafb4877c2316