↕ [Update Apr 28] - Sortable RG Drag & Drop plugin by EzCode

This plugin is awesome! I’d like to second hello.plannwin’s request to add the functionality (if possible) of dragging an item from one RG to another. I would pay extra to prioritize this feature… Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, thanks!
We are working on this feature, even if we prioritize this we can’t do it faster because of some limitations, we’re trying our best to find a solution for this feature.
Regards, Andrew from EzCode

2 Likes

This is beautiful. Any plans for multi-select in the future? (very useful for sorting thumbnail galleries)

Thanks,
actually yes, we are working on this feature, as soon as we will make it work, we’ll push it.

@ezdev
I think I found a bug.
ReorderedThingsIDs returns empty after first drag. After the second it works again until the end.

I get this message in the console:
“Workflow failed:
VM3254 PLUGIN_Sortable-RG—Drag—Drop-initialize–Reorder-RG-.js:198 Catch ERR, rg not ready to extract data, will try again…”

An another error before it:
x6:9 Action Set new order ReorderRG B - The plugin Sortable RG - Drag & Drop / action Set new order a Reorder RG threw the following error: TypeError: Cannot read property ‘sort’ of undefined
at eval (PLUGIN_Sortable-RG—Drag—Drop-element_action–Reorder-RG-Set-new-order-.js:6:31)
at https://dhtiece9044ep.cloudfront.net/package/run_debug_js/bc32e60c153a7f21a0edfd69b9a425bfde865b4c52b0dda9a806fad0b5b2ff07/xfalse/x6:18:479296 (please report this to the plugin author)
{original_error: TypeError: Cannot read property ‘sort’ of undefined
at eval (PLUGIN_Sortable-RG—Drag—Drop-e…, element_instance: null, action: n, code: “1603291688212x164231772334334270”}

Hi,
Have you changed anything in your logic or this started to happen after plugin update?

Also, please send us a link in pm, so we could test it.
Thank you

Great plugin! I have come up with several questions while playing with “Sortable RG”.

1. Can I make the newly sorted RG available to another users? I mean, can it be consistent among users?

I assumed the “Initial order” is made for that purpose.
スクリーンショット 2020-10-30 15.08.55

But the thing is I got an error on my console when I put a value in it.

1. What is the data you are trying to extract to keep the order? Is it a modified date of the RG?
  2. Is there a way to reproduce the updated RG even when I had to resort back to another sorting method ?

That would be great if I could get some idea in advance how the sorting logic works behind the scene so that I can safely switch to your way.

Hi, thanks
You’ll find a response to all of that in the demo page. (See in section - Save reordered RG and reflect it on other RG)

You can see how it is setup in the demo page editor view

Also, take a look in the field documentation. There is a short description on what is this and how to use.

Yes, there’s an action called “Set new order” (Also see in demo page in the same section)

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, you can also write us in PM, and we’ll try to help you.

1 Like

I’ve been setting it up and now it just randomly doesn’t let me move the images. I had this earlier so I stopped and rebuilt but it’s doing it again and I’m not sure what’s getting in the way making these undraggable.

What could be causing this?

Can you send a link in pm? We’ll take a look

Sorry to bug you. I just bought the lifetime version. I’ve got it sorting. But I can’t understand the Thing part of the Save Sorted DB field list dialog. Is there an explanation somewhere? In the editor version I see that the save order button does that element action and I think I have the Database and Field name correct. But what do I put in the Thing field?
thanks
Fred

Hi there,

We are working on a documentation right now.

There you should set the thing ID that you are working with.
This action is saving a list from a thing, so you should set the ID of this thing that you are working with.

In our demo, we are using as a datasource a thing at index 4 from data base, see here:
Screenshot_2020-11-16_at_12_32_31

So for saving action, we are getting the ID of the same item with index 4
Screenshot_2020-11-16_at_12_35_05

If you still have troubles to set it up, contact us via PM, and we will try to help you.

Hi @ezdev :wave:
Does your plugin allow to autosave to database immediately after i drop a group?
And should it works with nested repeating groups? Because i had no luck with the default Drag and Drop plugin.

Thanks!

Hi, nested RG works, see an example on demo page.

However, if you want to drag from one group to another as I see in your gif, then it is not possible.

There’s an event called drag ended, you can set save logic there.

Hey @ezdev , I want to buy this plugin but I dont want to have to subscribe. On your website, you mention that its 40 one time, how do I get that?

I would also be interested in buying the plugin if one-time cost is still an option. :slight_smile:

Hey @ezdev

Is it possible to do a repeating group with another repeating group and have them both be draggable.

Think Trello.

See my video for an understanding:

I am excited to hear your response.

Thank you,
Benjamin

Would buy this in a heart beat if I could drag and drop between different repeating groups.

Any ETA on that feature?

2 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t know that it wasn’t a feature. Interesting. Definitely would love this as a feature. :slight_smile:

@ezdev Your nested “Nested RG example” does not show on the preview page. Was interested to see how that works and if it applies to my current needs. Any chance you could make a fix so I can have a play with it?

See here: