Update URL with selected filters in a daisy chain context

Hello,

Currently, I have a Repeating Group that shows the results of a daisy chain (I applied the instructions given in this video of Andrew Vernon - I could not mention you but thanks a lot for this video if you see this post :pray:)
The daisy chain (in orange) looks like this for the moment (a lot more filters will be added):

Is it possible (and if yes, how) to update page URL with the selected filters and run the daisy chain?

I would like this for SEO purposes and others advantages of URL parameters (possibility to refresh page and still have the same results/filters selected, share link with specific filters selected…)

One important information is that most of the filters are advanced filters as I want to be able to filter with multidropdown values.

Let me give you an example to explain more clearly what I would like:
If :

• Multi dropdown A’s input is value1, value2 and value3
  • Multi dropdown B’s input is value11 and value22

I would like the URL to be
https://appname.bubbleapps.io/page_name?multidropdownA=value1,value2,value3&multidropdownB=value11,value22

1 Like

Search for my post on using url parameters as well as url parameters as list. I personally would not run daisy chain workflows for filtering.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer @boston85719.

I have checked your post How to set Parameter as a List and just post a [question](https://How to set Parameter as a List)

Is it in general that you would not run daisy chain workflows for filtering or especially in my context according to the information I have given my original post ?

I would never use a daisy chain filter for any reason.

What are the reasons of this point of view? I am trying to understand the pros and cons of each possibility regarding my need.

I assume you are asking about this

Because, it is in my opinion a convoluted way to get the same functionality that can be had by using filters directly in the search dynamic expression using the constraints and either a custom state or URL parameter as the source of the filter choices.

Having to look through dozens of daisy chained workflows to find a single constraint is a bit tedious, whereas looking at a search and seeing all the constraints is easy.

2 Likes

Yes exactly.
Ok I see thank you for your answer!

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.