UpLoading CSV with custom data types

I’m using “Upload data as CSV” in the workflow and getting a bug message:
Sorry, we have encountered an unexpected error. Please file a bug report (Help -> Report a bug),

Anyone else seen this? I have reported it but I suspect it may have something to do with the having custom data types. It doesnt prompt you to identify a “field to match” like when you do it in the editor.

Can you load data with custom data types this way?

What are they? The only thing I could think of is that they are related to another data type, otherwise what kind of custom data type could you create besides texts, images, numbers etc.

If you are trying to load a csv with data fields related to another data type, first load it as text, then after everything has been loaded and you have the related data types in the database as well go through and make the relations.

Correct.

Meaning load the data into a different field?

not sure what you mean by make the relations.

What I’m doing now is loading into a new data type with all text fields. Then once loaded I run an API to load that data into the target data type.

I assume you can not load a csv directly into a field that is custom.

that is what I was referring to…the relations are the relations between the datatypes ( ie. related to another data type )

Glad you got it figured out

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.