Uploading Rich Text File

Ask: I want users to be able to upload a rich text file. I want the contents of that rich text file to then appear in the rich text editor where the user can edit it themselves.

I have tried damn near everything on the web for multiple days and cant get anywhere. Any help would be amazing.

I would probably have a WF which uploads the document, then triggers a JS function to get the content, something like javascript - How can i get the text from a word document with (.rtf) extension? - Stack Overflow I think?

Then either store this to DB and populate text input with that object, or display the content in the input.

Depending on expected doc size and execution times I might want to put that all as backend workflows.

Does that make sense in this case?

I think this is beyond me? I tried putting in javascript code (see screenshot 1)
Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 4.07.22 PM with the javascript on the front end

and am getting the following error (most likely because I’m not great at javascript)
Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 4.08.45 PM

Okay I have an easier solution for you!

Use this, add the workflow to open an uploader dialog, then display the value from it :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.