User analytics in bubble app

Hi Everyone,

I’m building a multi-tenant saas application and struggling to figure out how to implement analytics to display to different tenants.

I have implemented Mixpanel and that information is great for me but I want to show user info on a bubble page specific to that tenant.

It seems bad practice to create a thing each time an action is taken but maybe it’s okay? There might be over 1,000 records created per hour in some cases.

How have you implemented analytics and displayed them in bubble?

Does anyone have anything?

Did you create an “activity log” in bubbles database?

Hey @justin6 :wave:

Analytics are tricky. Personally, I wanted to do it this way to keep my users privacy, I don’t need to have cookies, and I don’t need to track more data than I need.

When I have done analytics before like that, it does start slowing down if you create a new thing on each item so be careful to not overdo it.

I would suggest using a backend workflow to create the analytic data. Then the user hopefully wont see a lot of the actions taking place. Just make sure to limit it to only the vital parts that you want to keep track of.

Hope that helps! :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

• One-on-One Tutoring
  • eLearning Hub
  • Video Tutorials
  • No-Code Classes
1 Like

Hi @justin6, curious how it went with your approach and if there’s any insights you can share on whether it works at scale.

Hi @ed727 ,

I created a thing called “interaction” with a data field called “Organization” (tenant) and created 1 backend workflow to handle all incoming interactions I wanted to be tracked. When a user clicks something I run the workflow and make the name like “Clicked - Home Logo” and add other parameters I need. It works just fine, I haven’t used it on a large scale yet and there’s no noticeable change in the app speed so far.

I was able to make a dashboard page using the “do a search for” on the interactions and only getting ones needed and adding :Count at the end of the expression.

Thank you for sharing this. This is roughly how I was thinking of it as well. Since the analytics datatype would be updated via a backend workflow, it makes sense that it wouldn’t impact the client-side performance. I guess the test will be if the app runs at scale how much capacity it eats up.