Users can't log in after linking app to my own domain, even though user clearly exists

Here’s an interesting problem I can’t find discussed anywhere.

Yesterday I configured one of my Bubble apps for a custom domain I own. I updated the A entries at the registrar, waited for things to propagate, all seems well.

However…

If I go to my app’s main page as an anonymous (unlogged-in) user, and attempt to log in as a known user, the app throws the browser-level error dialog “We didn’t find an account with those login credentials.”

BUT… if I go back into the editor, switch to Live mode, and look at my Users database, there’s the user. And if I select “Run as” that user, everything works fine.

So what gives??

Hey there @jsterling,

Is your password incorrect?

I don’t think so… Let me go through the forgot password workflow anyway and see if resetting it makes the issue go away.

I really thought Bubble threw a different error message for wrong password versus user not found??

There was a new Breaking Change deployed changing that behavior: [Breaking Change] Login Failure Messages

Yep, right you are. Well, I must have been too dumb to remember my password or something, as changing it made the problem go away. Thanks, johnny!

No problem!

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.