Using 2 Repeating Groups To Create Data

I have 2 RG’s. Cars (on left) and Carparts (on right). When I select a car I have a custom state on the page to show RG Carparts. I would like to to select one or more carparts to add to the car that I selected. In addition I would then like to display a list below the selected car as to what parts have been selected. But wait there’s more… I would also like to be able to delete any previous car part selections out of that list.
I have tried for the last two days to figure this out and probably confused myself more than anything. A new perspective would be appreciated.

Data Types are:

1. Car

Name

1. Car Parts

Name

This is what I have so far.

Thanks In Advance

Are you trying to make changes to the Car? If that’s the case then you can add and remove the Car Parts to the Car directly when they are clicked.

Or does each User have their own list of Car Parts for each car? In which case you’ll need to create a 3rd datatype to link a User to a Car and a list of Car Parts.

In either case, just use a conditional workflow to add or remove the Car Parts from the relevant datatype when the button is clicked.

Yes, every user has the same car and car parts. I will try the conditionals.

Or does each User have their own list of Car Parts for each car? In which case you’ll need to create a 3rd datatype to link a User to a Car and a list of Car Parts.

If I want the user to be able to add either a car or car part , is it best to add 3rd data type to link and accomplish this? I did try the 3rd data type and couldn’t figure it out at the time.

Thanks for the help, I will see what I can figure out with the conditionals.

If I want the user to be able to add either a car or car part , is it best to add 3rd data type to link and accomplish this? I did try the 3rd data type and couldn’t figure it out at the time.

Unless you want to add the Car Parts to the Car datatype itself (meaning all users will be editing the same Car entry), then you’ll need to use a connecting datatype, yes.

So it depends on exactly what you’re trying to do.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.