Using Check Boxes and a Button to make changes

Here is a screen shot of what I am trying to do. Updated multiple records in repeating group using a button based on the check boxes.

which button the Advance Selected or the Schedule?

The “schedule” button would be to just update one record, the “advance selected” button needs to update every record selected.

there is a free plugin called Orchestra which allows you to run a workflow inside of an RG cell (multiple cells at once if you like and in your case need) from outside the RG (the button click for advance selected).

Interesting. I’ll check that out. Thank you!

Well that’s a tricky one to figure out. I the plug in but can’t figure out how to target the checkboxes which I assume would be the "cell positiong.

you target the checkboxes by using workflow actions that the plugin allows you to access from the plugin. To learn how to use the plugin check out the showcase and example app created by the developer.

I think this is over my head, I’ve been working on it for hours and have no idea how I make it work. Do I have to create new elements or something?

Did you read the forum thread about the plugin? Did you open the example app editor?

Yes I did. This is my first try building a tool for work so I am learning as I go. I just can’t wrap my head around this piece.

It says to add class, I don’ t see that as an option anywhere.

here is how I have it setup

A Maestro element is on the page (I actually put this into a floating group that I set to float beneath the page so it is out of the way and not visible to users, doesn’t interfere with responsive design)

Screen Shot 2024-03-02 at 9.54.39 PM
Screen Shot 2024-03-02 at 9.55.37 PM

The Musicians element goes into the repeating group you want to target

Screen Shot 2024-03-02 at 9.56.04 PM
Screen Shot 2024-03-02 at 9.56.12 PM

Create the Workflow trigger for when a musicians is revealed (this basically implies the repeating group the musician element is inside of is visible on the page)

In that trigger I run the action to Initialize the musicians, which is where you add the class (class is a name you give it and it is up to you and doesn’t really make a difference what it is)

Then setup the trigger for when Musicians will run inside of each cell…this is where you put the actions you want to run inside of each cell…in my example I am simply setting a custom state on another element in my repeating group. For you it will be setting the value of the checkbox

Lastly is setup the action to trigger the musicians under the maestro (so basically triggering the actions that will run inside of each cell)…in my example it is a button click that triggers this, as will be in your case.

NOTICE the class is the same - I used ‘adult’ as my class - so even though it is not important and up to you what you make the class, it is important that spelling and capitalization are the same for both areas it is needed.

In this action you can select to trigger specific cells or all cells etc.

Sorry just getting back, my forum account was paused for a couple of days :smile:

This tutorial was perfect, thank you! This should be sticky’s somewhere for sure.

1 Like