Using database info to make external API Calls

I’m creating a package tracking app. Users provide a carrier and a tracking number.
I want to then use this info to make an external API call and populate a repeating group with the response. There, the user has a dashboard that displays information about their packages.

I think the best way to do it is to have the user create the package and use the info from my database to make the API call, but I’m not sure how to go about this. I was using the Shippo plugin, but i might be better off just making API calls without the plugin.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @dariomiceli

I’m guessing you have setup a Data API Call using API Connector. Make sure the tracking number parameter is not set to ‘private’ in the API call configuration. Then you should be able to indicate that tracking number dynamically from the input field’s value entered by the user. If that’s not the case could you include some screenshots of your config?

You shouldn’t need to create a package before making the call. However you can create a ‘package’ when the API call returns values, then display this ‘package’ in the RG