Using Inputs and Multiline inputs to create Blog entries

I am trying to allow users to create blogs on my page but i am having trouble figuring out how to allow them to create a title, a description, choose a category and then have everything save when they press the button “Post Blog”

I have figured out how to do it but how do i allow users to create hastags

1 Like

You can’t do hashtags on input at the moment. It has been requested.

It is possible there is a Blockspring block that would extract them for you.

I ended up using user defined categories in place of hashtags.

1 Like

I don’t really understand what you mean by user defined categories

1 Like

So instead of …

Whoa awesome #pizza here.

I had a category called “pizza” that the user could tag the entry with. Not ideal, but it was the best I could do.

1 Like

@NigelG … your solution to the #problem was to use categories, in the same way that Blogger does, by the looks of it. But how about adding images to the blog. I can see from the Rich Text Input you can add images by URL, but that’s not very user friendly. Did you come up with any other ideas??

I started to look at multi image upload, but struggled, so decided it wasn’t needed for now.

1 Like

I’m currently building a CMS and came across this thread. I got around the image issue by building a series of blocks that a user can add/remove. Looks like this:

1 Like

Aha, so you build up text (assume rich text) and images as you go along ?

Yea I originally had a multiline input with a rich text popup to edit the text which looked better, but this was easier.

1 Like