Verify a modified data entry: previous entry vs new entry

Hi everyone!

I’m working on a review website where users can add and modify a listing.

In the case where the entry is modified, I would like to verify the information to validate / invalidate the modified information.

My workflow is as follow:

• A listing is added but not displayed in the listing page > The listing status is under review by default (to ensure content quality) > As an admin, I verify the listing information > Information is validated: Listing status is changed to Published > Listing is available in listing page

Since I used status to ensure information quality, meaning a listing submitted is automatically under review (and not published), I do not know how to keep a previous version of a listing where we have information prior to modifications and current listing available in listing page AND new version of the listing (with modifications submitted) not published / unavailable in listing page.

With my actual workflow, any modifications would take out the listing of the listing page by default until admin changes status “under review” to “published”.

Did you encounter any similar usecases?

Many thanks :pray:t5:

Hi there, @lauren6… this suggestion might not be the best way to go, but what comes to mind is to create a new listing when a listing is edited, and link the new listing to the published version of the listing (create a new field in the Listing data type with a field type of Listing). Then, when a listing is published, check to see if it is linked to another listing, and if it is, change the linked listing’s status from published to something like archived. At that point, the new listing would be published, and the previous version of the listing would no longer be visible on the listing page.

True, with this suggestion, you would end up with multiple things being stored in the listing data type for the same listing. However, I don’t really see a downside to that, and it would actually enable you to see a history of edits to a listing.

Anyway, that’s what came to mind when I read your post, and I hope this helps, even if it’s just food for thought.

Best…
Mike

Thanks mike, I’ll try this one :slight_smile:

1 Like