Very Strange Behavior After Bubble App Optimization

After using the App optimization in Bubble settings, a very strange thing happened… All my workflow labels were changed to default.

For instance, I name the first step in a workflow AddNewQuestion, it is automatically changed to “Make changes to a Question”.

I wish for bubble developers to know that I have spent a lot of effort to keep a short naming convention for my workflows that I or anyone else can understand, and trying to force their simplified naming convention after app optimization is not optimization at all for the developer.

Maybe not the good time to do it… look at support.bubble.is. Connected?

1 Like

You can revert to before the optimization and you’ll get this back. Can you file a bug report with this situation at bubble.is/bug_report?

1 Like

I know how to file a bug report but I am not sure how to prove it, because to be honest I noticed this bug 1 day later after the app optimization and I have already made changes to my app after that. So if I revert back to before the optimization there is a change I will lose the app changes done after that correct? And I don’t want that…

Yeah, there’s some general accessibility problems right now:

https://status.bubble.is/

It’s funky at the moment. My editor is working, for example, but can’t preview/review live/dev site.

For my info, could you please let me know if Bubble has a testing servers to test their new code on or they test directly to production servers on hobby planners? :slight_smile:

FWIW, Bubble is good about tracking and fixing actual bugs, but without a bug report they cannot track the resources used to fix it, etc. But the optimization feature IS very new and, well, makes pretty serious changes, so it’s a use with great caution kind of thing…

I used it recently and did not have problems with it and the process DID NOT make modifications to my customized workflow names. So definitely report that. You know how it is: sometimes issues can be hard to identify and fix due to the complexity of a system like Bubble.

2 Likes

I can imagine how complex is the internal bubble code, but what I was asking why there is no development bubble version separate from a stable release. Why this concept isn’t there? For example, an operating system like Debian has a stable version at all times. Some people would like to be on the edge of new features and they using the Debian Testing, or maybe Debian development, but they know that it’s not as stable. If bubble wants to compete with enterprise level application stability wouldn’t they consider to experiment new features separate from the production environment?

HI @arto.eg it would be extremely unlikely that Bubble tests new code in production. They are very experienced to be able to do what they do and I would say that most of us who have been using it for a while would be astounded if this occurred. But bugs happen in any software and you can’t test for what you don’t know.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they test their code but those tests can’t cover all of the potential use cases. Writing perfect code that works in all conditions is so incredibly hard and time consuming that it’s considered very bad practice because it’s not affordable.

Instead, Bubble moves fast and (sometimes) breaks things. This is common for startups. It seems to be how Bubble does it. And, it’s also how many companies built on top of Bubble build their own apps.

Of course, we’d all like a more stable foundation but if the cost is Bubble improving at a slower pace it probably doesn’t make sense.

Additionally, once you have a great need for stability, you’re often on a dedicated server where you can choose when you upgrade Bubble. So, stability issues are much less of an issue.

3 Likes