Video element expanding vertically over its caption on certain widths

Hi @J805 ,

I have a video and a gallery, either of which may display depending on users choice. Ideally both should take up the same vertical space but this is not what is happening. Also when I look at the caption beneath the video sometimes the video sprawls over it (depending on screen width).

The loom might make it clearer: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

Any help or ideas on this issue? Thanks as always.

David

1 Like

Hello!

Nest the text and the video element under a group with no lateral space. Set your responsive settings as preferred. Though, in this case fixed width may be the best option.

The problem you face now is that there is lateral space in each “line”. The video element “line” and the text “line”. Widths are key in Bubble for appropriate responsive behaviour.

Hope this helps :+1:t2:

Hey @2020travelapp David! :wave:

Thanks for the ping!

So I think this is your issue. There is an element that is overlapping the video and the text. This will cause issues with responsiveness, even if you don’t see it on the screen. Try to put it out of the way at the top, and try to center it horizontally and see if that helps.

Let me know if that works. Otherwise, I can dive deeper into it to see what is going on.

Hope that helps! :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

• One-on-One Tutoring
  • eLearning Hub
  • Video Tutorials
1 Like