View Selective Cells in repeating Group

I have a table FACTORY-PRODUCTION that has 3 fields:

1. InitialQTYOrdered
  2. QTYInProgress
  3. QTYCompleted

I want to create a repeating group that shows all records that have:
QTYCompleted<InitialQTYOrdered in other words all the incomplete orders.

I tried to put a constraint but it doesn’t let me for the current cell.

How do I do that please?

Hi @various2 :slight_smile: Does the QTYInProgress field always equal (InitialQTYOrdered - QTYCompleted)? If so, would all completed orders have a QTYInProgress that is 0? The faster search constraint could be “Do a Search for Factory-Productions” (Constraint: QTYInProgress <> 0). *<> means does not equal

Alternatively, it may just be easier to keep a fourth yes/no field (such as "Order Completed, type: yes/no, list: no) which is by default ‘no’ and updates to ‘yes’ within your app after an order is completed. Then set the search to be “Do a Search for Factory-Productions” (constraint: Order Completed is no).

But I need to also view the orders that have not yet started with both QTYInProcess and QTYCompleted equal to zero. If I put a constraint for QTYInProcess=0 then I will not see the orders that have not been started.

If that’s the case, could you use:

Do a Search for Factory-Productions (first constraint: QTYInProgress is not 0): mergedwith "Do a Search for Factory Productions (first constraint: QTYInProgress is 0) (second constraint: QTYCompleted is 0)

That may not be ideal if you have situations where an Order is partially completed, but no QTYs are in progress.

You could use an advanced constraint with the data source being: “Do a Search for Factory-Productions:filtered”. Within :filtered, you would click Advanced Constraint and set the expression “This Factory Production’s QTYCompleted < This Factory Production’s QTYOrdered”. However, I don’t recommend this because advanced constraint results load much more slowly versus having the constraint within the original search.

I think the yes/no field is the easiest way to query the data and manage the order, but it’s completely up to you of course! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.