Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Visible to Invisible Toggle

Hi,

I have two groups, with fields inside the groups. Depending on a drop down field, either group 1 or group 2 becomes visible.

In design view how do I get them to appear in the correct (responsive) location, Is there a method where I can sit one below the other, or next to the other, such that I can easily make changes in design view and then get them to automatically land in the right position?

Thanks

Neil

2 approaches to this:

1. Place them on top of each other. When one disappears the other appears and the rest of your elements are unaffected.
  2. Place them one above the other in the design and mark ‘collapse this element when not visible’. This will ensure that the element doesn’t affect the rest of the elements when it is hidden.

I’d recommend option 2.

With regards to the positioning, you will have to do 2 things:

1. Make sure that the min widths of the containing groups and the child groups are appropriate. Generally keeping them all 20% should give you a decent start with responsiveness. And you can refine it from there.
  2. Make sure that your alignments are set as needed from the ‘responsiveness’ tab on the Editor.

These should get you most of the way there. Hope it helped!

Cheers,
Ranjit | Blur Apps

Method 2 perfect, worked awesome. Thanks Ranjit!

Cheers

Neil

1 Like