☁️Wasabi Cloud Storage Plugin

I’m retrieving an audio file from wasabi and trying to play it using the “Custom audio player” plugin the name and url of the file is showing up but the audio is not connected to the player. Can you tell me what I’m doing wrong?

Here’s the group containing the audio player
A84379F9-4D57-4AA8-8516-A7B5FB8BA605

This is the audio player

Hi @cohereandnow, thanks for your question.

To have the list of retrieved files URLs available, please be sure to use the "Retrieve files " action,

Hope this will help. In case the issue persists, please check in step by step mode of Bubble inspect, if the retrieved file URL value is passed correctly to be played.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Got it! Thanks for your help!

Do you know if theres any way to retrieve an audio files cover image?

I know the files im uploading have images but i tried the url in an image element and its not working. I also tried using a plugin to retrieve a files metadata but it doesnt have option for cover image. Is this possible with your plugin or any other plugin that your aware of?

Thanks again for your help!

One of the possible solutions is to store the audio image in a Bubble data type, for example in one field - the image itself, in another field - the URL of the audio file stored in Wasabi.

Hope this helps. If there will be any other plugin-related questions, please let us know.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Thanks a great idea. Do you know how I’d retrieve the cover photos from a list of files in a wasabi element?

Also I’m using the wasabi plugin to allow people to upload multiple files at once (up to 80).

I’m having trouble figuring out the workflow to save the urls and the images in the same datatype all at once. Do you know if there’s a way to save a list of urls/images in the same datatype or would it have to be done some other way?

Hi @cohereandnow, thanks for your questions.

We’re afraid that this already relates more to the app customization process and in this case, this would be beyond our responsibilities. As a general direction, please try to use filtering options by name or file type.

We’re afraid that our plugin doesn’t support such an option. This use case might require a complex workflow that should start with saving images in separate fields of a data type, then saving the retrieved files’ URLs to each created thing. Regretfully, as it also relates more to application customization, we can not offer much support in this case, as it would be beyond our responsibilities.

If there will be any other questions that relate to the default plugin functionality, please let us know.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

I understand. I appreciate you offering support thats unrelated to the plugin. I do have one more question about the plugin. When im uploading multiple files from my device storage, is there an option to select an entire folder using the wasabi plugin? Instead of having to select all the files within a folder individually. Im using the plugin to allow people to upload audio files that they already have organized within folders on their device and allow them to have the same file/folder organization within folders on my bubble app.

Hi @cohereandnow, thanks for your reply and understanding :pray:

We had a similar request these days, so the developer team is checking now if this would be possible. Once any news will appear, we will let you know asap.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Awesome thank you again!

1 Like

Hi @cohereandnow, thanks for your patience.

The developer team checked if the requested feature (select entire folder for upload) can be added, and regretfully, at the moment this could not be implemented.
The Wasabi platform currently doesn’t provide any documentation on how this can be implemented via API calls.
In case anything will change in this regard, firstly we will notify users within this thread.

Still, if you will have any questions about plugin’s default features, please let us know.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Ok thanks for the update! I’ll be fine without it.

I’m actually trying to figure out the condition i need to set in order to show a pop while the files are being uploaded to wasabi and set the percentage to a progress bar.

For showing the popup, I tried when “wasabiss3 is uploading” but that seems to do it when its fetching the files instead of when its uploading them tow wasabi. If thats the case, whats the correct condition to achieve this?

Also is there any option to upload files from google drive or dropbox using the plugin? If not, could you point me in the right direction for how to do this?

Hi @cohereandnow, thanks for your questions.

For that, you can use the plugin’s progress bar element.

And to trigger the popup, please use the event: “A File Upload Started”.

Let us check if besides AWS any other cloud storage can be used. We will let you know when developer team feedback appears.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

I’m having an issue retrieving files. I have a workflow that shows the group where the files will be displayed in a repeating group and in the same workflow theres an action to retrieve the files. The issue I’m having is that it does not display them in the repeating group the first time I click the button that initiates the workflow.

If i go back then press the button again, it shows them but never does it on the first click. I tried using the “wasabi retrieved successfully” workflow to display the retrieved files in the repeating group but its still not displaying them on the first click.

Ok thank you! Is it possible to change a files name once its already uploaded to wasabi?

This theoretically might be possible if the cloud storage service will provide a direct link to the file (for example Google Drive doesn’t provide it).

Hi @hausofdevotion, thanks for your question.

As a possible solution, you can add the “Retrieve files” action to a workflow that starts on the page load, so the list of files will be already loaded when the button is clicked.

Regretfully no, as the plugin makes the only connection to the cloud storage, and can’t edit them on the storage.

Hope these answers helped. In case any other questions will appear about our plugin, please let us know.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

I’m running into an issue setting the file types that the plugin excepts. I have a mobile app and need it to only accept audio files but the audio/* is not allowing any files. It works fine on my desktop but not on mobile.

I also tried .mp3 and that wasnt working either. it opens the diolog box and allows me to select audio files but doesn’t add them to the element. Any idea what I could be missing or this an issue on the plugin side? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2023-02-23 at 11.52.36 PM

Hi @wyatt.10, thanks for your question.

It might be related to the mobile device policy & setup and file type that this device registers.
A possible solution might be to check the file type this mobile device produces and add the MIME type of it in Accept field.
Also, please check from other mobile devices if the same issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please let me know if there is anything else about our plugin that we can help with.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hey, how do I preview a retrieved image?
I followed the demo app provided in the plugin page but can’t get previews working. I’m able to download the files tho.
I’m having a repeating group and each cell has an image element and a download button. Clicking on download button is downloading the image but I see no preview.

Hi @maheshkasindi, thanks for your question.

Please be sure that prior to displaying the repeating group, files are already retrieved, and the image source is indicated correctly:

Hope this helps. Let us know if there is anything else that we can help with about our plugin.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

This is how it is setup

Download button is working fine. Debugger says “Image could not be loaded”.