Web App Built using Bubble and Webflow

To set a cookie for the username do you have to set an end point in bubble? Just trying to get the username to display like you do in your site

Nope, we can piggyback off of the login and register endpoints (you’ll want to do this for both). First, set up BOTH workflows in Bubble to Return data from API like so:

Here I’m assuming you’ve added a “Username” field to your “User” Data Type in Bubble, and you collect that info as part of your signup process. You could also do this with a profile picture or an email address.

This step has to come AFTER “Log the user in” or “Sign the user up”. We’re telling Bubble to return the user’s Username in a field called “username”. The response from this workflow now looks like this in the developer tools:

Note the additional “username” field. We can access it through {{response.username}} and store it in a cookie, as we did with the token:

This will save the username to a cookie that I’ve also called “username”. Then on your Webflow site, you could add a span or text block and insert the value into it on page load like so:

Use value:{{cookie:username}}. This is telling Cloud Canal to find a cookie called “username”, and then set the text’s value to it.

You may also want to hide this text and only show it when the user is logged in (basically the opposite of what we did in the “logging in” video lesson).

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, let me know! The “logging out” video will be up later today.

1 Like

Success man thank you very much for your contributions. this is awesome

1 Like

Yo man!
Thanks for uploading the video on member access. It’s awesome and everything works.

Quick question on clearing cookies:

How do I clear more than one cookie at a time. For example if I want to not only clear the API_Token but also user’s, email, username, etc anything that your saving.

If it’s within a data attribute, you can chain multiple actions together with double semicolons. For example:

data-cc-on-click = cookie-clear:api_token;;cookie-clear:username

Hopefully that helps!

1 Like

amazing thank you. I figured it was something simple

Hey any eta on the sophmore series of videos?

They’re on my to-do list. Is there anything in particular you’re looking for? I’d love to help you here.

Hey Patrick! Thanks for offering to help! I’m trying to achieve these two things right now:

1. Displaying all user’s content that would be generated from a form submit.
  2. Having 2 different user types and employing conditional visibility. Only displaying user type 1’s data with user type 2.

What would you recommend I learn to achieve this?

I’m thinking A: Understand how to build it in bubble
and then B: Learning the docs in cloudcanal?

My biggest obstacle is learning how to build the backend in bubble.

I think I understand the 2nd point. As to the first, could you give a little more detail? Could you walk me through exactly what you’re trying to achieve there?

If I can generalize what it is you’re trying to make, I could turn it into a written tutorial for you and others, which would be significantly faster than making a video.

Let me know!

1 Like

instead of all that,

a basic demo of how to display user data from multiple users would be a great start. Like how you get cloudcanal to create new entries for users etc.

If you could do a tutorial on how you built the connector page in your website. that would be a huge huge help

Ok that’s perfect. I’ll do a written tutorial with gifs/screenshots on something like the connector page. That’ll include showing lists of data (arrays) and pulling user-specific fields as well.

2 Likes

fuck yea man! thank you!

Yo brotha any update on this? All the best! Also trying to figure out how to do a password reset / user profiles.

Appreciate all that your doing.
Hope all is well!

@patrick.luzny looks like a very cool tool — do you have any examples of web apps your clients/users have released ? Would love to see it in action. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

@patrick.luzny I’ve been checking this tool out over the past week and it appears to solve a lot of issues when taking webflow to the next level. My plan was to utilize memberstack for the authentication - and custom code the api interactions between a flask api on AWS Lambda and a database I have hosted elsewhere. It sounds as though I can use cloudcanal.io for the api interactions as well as the memberships?

Another question is - if I send a query parameter to my flask api endpoint, and that triggers data that needs to be returned to webflow, how do I return that data back to webflow and still utilize webflow’s styling? The closet article I could find to this is here: https://gts-webflow-playground.webflow.io/samples/fetch-data-from-external-api-to-webflow.

And to @maddieleddy question, I would love to see how far/complex cloudcanal.io can go. Specifically what it’s limitations are.

https://www.cloudcanal.io will cease soon, what the plan after?

Hey everyone, thanks so much for your patience!

Cloud Canal is currently undergoing a pivot based on valuable feedback from you all. It was a tough decision to make, but I firmly believe the product will be better off in the long run as a result. All connectors in their current form will cease to function in about a month’s time.

I don’t want to reveal too much yet, but the new version of Cloud Canal will be much more complete than just a way to connect front and back ends :wink: . Please stay tuned; I hope be able to share more info in the coming weeks.

3 Likes

Words cannot describe how excited I am for this!! Huge fan Patrick, love what your doing. Can we get an estimate on when the new version is coming out?

1 Like