Forum Documentation Showcase Pricing Learn more

Webflow raises $72 million

The money will allow Webflow to invest more in marketing, community events and in hiring to build its non-website builder products

It looks like Webflow might become a serious competitor of Bubble. What do you think?

2 Likes

I thought 6 for bubbe was a bit low but this is pretty amazing.

Non-website builder products… Maybe we’re looking at at the new Bubble owners soon… :scream:

Also, it explains their no-code conference a lot better now…

1 Like

Would theey build it out such that it would be able to create full stack web apps?

That would be serious competition.

Wow. That is … huge !

And I think a good thing too. #Nocode is no longer niche :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, the last statement in the article certainly seems to suggest that.

Totally! I was wondering what they were thinking, but it makes perfect sense now.

Building apps on Webflow would be an amazing game changer. But probably harder to use. I was more frustrated learning Webflow at first than I am right now learning Bubble which was surprising. I expected the opposite and almost didn’t sign up.

1 Like

Bubble is oriented towards backend first approach, they have been focusing on allowing their users develop functional apps firstly, then design & looks secondly. That allowed them to make a solid foundation in that area ( I still get surprised of the stuff you can do/build in Bubble) but somehow lacking in the other.
Webflow on the other hand, currently is mainly for designing only , you can’t really go far beyond that, if they decided to go full stack in the future maybe that will change slowly.
But even still, I believe each company will appeal to different segments of the market, so i don’t see this will be an issue for Bubble in future at all.

Anyhow, I feel like Bubble done the hard part and they are on the right track.

5 Likes

That’s a serious investment right there. I don’t really see Webflow and Bubble competing directly at the moment, but yeah, that might change.

Overall, this is a good thing. No-code being brought into the spotlight can hardly damage Bubble or hurt our client discussions.

1 Like

Exactly. If you are the only person fishing on the river, you need to ask yourself if there are any fish.

3 Likes

I loved building a (for me) incredibly complicated data driven “web app” in Bubble, and I love building beautiful front ends in Webflow. If only they could get married so we could build solid data driven back ends with clean and wondrous design.

5 Likes

Right after Webflow will implement nesting data groups, data structure connections and real-time web site updates - then Bubble will have serious problems.

Webflow is definitely preparing to launch a no-code app builder. This is the teaser they launched for their no-code conference: https://youtu.be/v1M4ydNlgP0

And what the founders say on their blog post regarding the Series A:

We will multiply the potential of the internet by empowering people and businesses to create powerful websites and applications themselves — without having to write code.
https://webflow.com/blog/webflow-series-a-funding

3 Likes

Monopolies are getting cracked!!! Time to learn new path

I like the way Bubble has a free canvas to design. I don’t like the drag drop feature of Webflow.

1 Like

Webflow is not a competitor yet. They seems to be a good builder for one page/landing page/E-commerce solution and kind of WIX analog. If they drive now to the right direction then it might be a good product, but it definitely will not be another bubble… Bubble is perfect for the people with a coding background and I love it because I can make anything what I want, almost with no limits.

4 Likes