Weekly targets & progress

I am trying to create weekly metrics across a group that I would like to refresh every week on Sunday at 23:59. The details are as follows:

1. I have a group made up of users
  2. When each of these users complete an activity (ie click a button), I want to count this activity (current number of completed activities this week + 1)
  3. If all users in the group complete 3 activities each in a week, I want to create a flag/alert at the group level

I am currently unable to find a way to identify 3 activities have been completed by each of the users this week and therefore create a flag of some sort.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!!

Hey @MattBB :wave:

There are a lot of different ways to do this. It really depends on what you want to do with the data. If you want to keep it simple here is a suggestion.

1. On the User type have a field that says activityCompletedCount and each time the user completes an activity, add 1 to this field.

2. When you add 1 to that field, you can also do a search on their group to check if everyone in their group has 3 in that field. If they do, then you can trigger an event, maybe create a new thing called an alert and display it to the group if it hasn’t been viewed yet by the user.

3. Lastly, set a recursive backend workflow to go through each user and reset that field back to 0 on Sundays at midnight.

Does that make sense?

It’s a very simple setup, but it might be fine for what you are looking for.

1 Like

Hey @J805 - appreciate the help.

The above may work… How do I run a recursive backend workflow though for each Sunday? I can find an option for “current” or “arbitrary” date/time, but i cannot work out how to simply make it each Sunday at the same time… Think once I have this I should be good to go

For every Sunday you want to do a recurring event. Like this:

Hope that helps! :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

• One-on-One Tutoring
  • eLearning Hub
  • Video Tutorials
  • No-Code Classes

To complement @J805 great guidance … you could check this very helpful video made by @evanlitttle on how to run loops (recursive flows) in Bubble > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI1-4SvAl3M

1 Like

This really helps! Thanks! Only issue is my subscription level does not cover weekly frequency, but this workflow looks like it would solve the issue.

1 Like

You can also just schedule an API workflow and then at the end of that workflow schedule to run itself at current date/time +days 7. That should work as well. Does that make sense?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.