Weird console errors

i’m seeing it specifically when running this function. but i’ve found a workaround by using the trigger event and then assigning the value from the trigger event into the database. i made a “Location” object. You can see it here:

https://bubble.io/page?name=index&id=ced2rv&tab=tabs-1

hope this helps some… was going a little bonkers over this :sweat_smile:

Thanks, ive just had a peak at a few other well known bubble sites and see same console errors. I removed Toolbox (just to check …i cant live without that) and still seem to be getting suprious console errors. Seem mine is related to RG’s …

Same HERE, need toolbox :wink:

App is «working», but performance takes a hit from the console being flooded.
Same for you ?

yup… I think it’s possibly a little unfair calling upon @mishav …this is a free plugin and seems to be so pivotal that so many people expecting Misha to resolve this just seems plain wrong… Plus Misha last login was in February! I understand Buuble brand value is “no code” although I do feel something like this should be part of the core platform. Actually maybe it shouldn’t. I dunno… I’m just gonna toddle off and have a sulk about my wretched applications performance. Most of the bubble Showcase applications are throwing the same error although not the great extent “hundreds” that mine is

Bubble seemingly admitted that it made changes in its code that caused these errors to be thrown. AFAIK, the errors do not cause any app functions to break, but the messages flood the console and may slow app loading. It is impossible for us users to pinpoint all the possible causes so I guess we just have to wait for Bubble to address it.

My gripes are:

1. That the change was pushed out in the first place knowing or not knowing about the impact of these error messages on users.
  2. That the change was pushed mid-day on a Friday, when support would not be available over the weekend.
  3. RE: #1 & #2, communication/updates from Bubble have been scant, adding to these anxieties.

#2 is my big concern. Seems that many users here like myself do lots of work on the weekends also. So weekends are work days too.

Could Bubble agree to do no code revisions on Fridays so IF there is a problem, there is at least one fully-staffed day to identify/communicate/resolve any errors instead of users potentially being impacted and in the dark over several of THEIR work days?

4 Likes

In addition to these errors, I seem to have started receiving new errors from the last 24 hours (without making any app changes on both dev & live) which ends up breaking the app with ‘Sorry we ran into a temporary bug’ when creating / updating things in database… here’s a console screenshot. I’ve filed a bug report with bubble.

While they have a look, I’m wondering if anyone else is seeing this specifc error on their app?

FYI, I’m not getting that error, still getting “cast resulted in change”.

1 Like

I’m not seeing any workflow error… Standard workflow, scheduled workflow or using your plug-in (utilities) BDK which I have to say is a stroke of genius.

I am however now seeing this! It seems very odd as I don’t have this actually running as part of that workflow or even on the page!

1 Like

I have seen that JS error before “NaN”, not a number, in my case it was a missing “;” on one line of JS code. Even if you don’t use/call the JS code, if JS is on the page it has to be valid. That was my issue anyway…

1 Like

@neerja please any update on this issue.

This seems to affect most bubble apps if not all.
While it doesn’t break functionality it affects plugin developers. It’s hard to find and debug your plugin error among the hundreds of these cast errors.
Thanks

3 Likes

sorry @mishav, i was premature in tagging u (really like the toolbox plugin btw!) . in my case, i am finding the cast error occurs when trying to perform regex on website home url. i was using this technique from this post

i isolated the regex here:

for now, i am using location.hostname and storing this in a Location object instead of doing the regex which has stopped the errors in my case
:

Hello @neerja

I strongly agree with @meyerhd2 's comments about releases on a Friday. I’ll be supporting clients 24/7 and to have releases that could leave them with problems running their business for 3 days over a weekend is a situation I really want to avoid.

The scant documentation is also an issue.

Could you please come to us with a Bubble policy on dates and communication regarding all Bubble releases?

Thanks!

Antony.

1 Like

@neerja : it turns out that these “weird console errors” are literally killing my production app.

Visiting one of my GRUPZ calendars or booking widgets will – quite quickly – run your browser out of memory due to these neat little notifications. I told you this was a bad idea.

Have bug report logged, but just visit one of my calendars like:

https://grupz.com/version-test/avail-calendar-medium-18/1533598513737x940983987061391400

Or booking widget:

Open the console, too, if you want to see these warnings running amok. Within a few seconds/minutes, your window will become unresponsive and may go full-on sad mac. No wonder I’ve not had any new subscriptions in a few days.

Also if you computer has a GPU, you’ll find it get very hot if your browser support acceleration.

This HAS to get removed from the product. It’s breaking real production apps with paying customers. Super grumble.

We removed the message. We still need to gather this information, but we’ll find a way to make it less “intrusive”… Sorry about this.

2 Likes

All, I do not think @mishav is around anymore – hopefully he’s ok. We have not seen him active on the forum since Feb 13th.

1 Like

FYI still getting the errors in Win10/Firefox66 and Win10/Chrome74 this morning. Looks like half as many though, about 70 today vs about 140 previously. HOWEVER not getting ANY errors in Win10/Opera58 today.

Here is FireFox this morning:

Can you clear the cache? You’re probably on an old version of the code.

I tried that, cleared Bubble cookies too. But I may be doing something wrong because I do see no errors in FireFox Private/Incognito now, so that is probably it. Thanks!

Yes, it was the cache, got it cleared, no errors now, thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.