Weird Text Showing Up in Repeating Group

Hello! I am using repeating groups to create two lists: one of foods the user grows (in a garden), and one of the foods the user composts. The “Growing” repeating group works great, but the “Composting” repeating group does not. I am trying to display the dynamic data “current cell’s compost element’s name” in each row. The text displays horizontally, like I want it to, but then also vertically, which I do not want. I have looked to see if there is an extra really narrow text box in the repeating group, but I cannot find one. Does anyone know what would cause this and what I should do to fix it? Thank you so much!

Hi there, @annasnyder350… I don’t want to discount the supernatural ( :slight_smile: ), but it’s got to be another element that just isn’t readily apparent in the editor for some reason. If you want to share a view-only link to your app, I’d be happy to see if I can find that bugger.

Best…
Mike

Hi @mikeloc,

That would be awesome! Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! Here is the link: https://bubble.io/page?name=index&id=compatible-compost-3&tab=tabs-1 (I think that is what you are looking for - if not, let me know.) The weird text was showing up on the page home_profile in the left repeating group. I have changed what used to be the input box to a search box and the only two elements that are options so far are bananas and lettuce. The text is still showing up vertically as well as horizontally, unfortunately. Thank you so much again for your help! Have a great week.

Anna

Hi, @annasnyder350… it’s my pleasure to take a look, and it’s exactly what I expected… you have two elements with the same name…

Use the Search for an element dropdown to select the first element with that name and delete it, and you should be good to go!

Best…
Mike

@mikeloc, Thank you so much! I deleted the extra element and it totally fixed the issue! I really appreciate your help!

Have a great week!

Anna

1 Like