What if I get hit by a bus?

So you finally get the opportunity to build your dream app. At the moment it’s just you.

How do you answer the question “What if you get hit by a bus?”

It seems there’s this out of control bus driving around out there because everyone keeps asking about it. It must be driving faster than 55 too.

2 Likes

If you get hit by a bus, your half built app will live on forever as a memory on bubbles servers. :joy:

2 Likes

LOL. I’ll keep that one as a backup answer.

I know of a brilliant product called Requirements Assistant. One man spent decades building it. It did an extraordinary job of finding omissions and inconsistencies in software requirements specifications. Then he died. It was written in Prolog (a rarely-used logic programming language associated with artificial intelligence and computational linguistics) and there was no architectural or design documentation so no one could take it over. In the end, his son couldn’t even give it away.

We all get stuck into doing the fun stuff (coding) and neglect the paperwork but always have a Plan B. That includes architectural/design documentation and your credentials plus someone who knows enough about the app to continue it or sell it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.