What is your NoCode platform "stack" (including Bubble)

I was thinking recently about my regular platform “stack” for nocode development.

Webtask
Auth0
Bubble
Zapier

Which makes me a WABZ developer :slight_smile:

Anyone else like to share their regular platform stack?

9 Likes

So far it’s mainly Bubble and Webtask. I’m also using https://beeceptor.com to inspect APIs.

3 Likes

Well, not completely no-code, but I basically Join Python with Bubble so I suppose that makes my stack a

PB&J

And since Postman is always opened, that PB&J has extra peanuts.

7 Likes

Bubble
Webtask
Plain ol’ JavsScript via Toolbox elements

(Edit: I’ve got some not yet exposed functionality that leverages Rebrandly in an architectural way. Similar with Amazon API Gateway.)

2 Likes

Oh yeah! Can’t forget about @mishav’s Toolbox elements. Even though it’s a plugin it’s still super useful. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What use cases are you handling with Webtask.io? I’m not all that familiar with it.

1 Like

It’s similar to AWS Lambda.

1 Like

Bubble
Zapier
Sendgrid
Stripe

I suspect this ‘BZSS’ stack is common.

@NigelG what are you authenticating with Auth0 that is better than building your own?

2 Likes

Yes, essentially a microservice / code execution environment. It lets you just very easily run node.js functions and return results, so it’s kind of perfect for use with the API Connector.

Twitter - as it handles the OAUTH1 side.
Multiple linked Social Accounts (so if you want to attach Facebook and Twitter accounts to one bubble account)
Should also be able to do Passwordless.

1 Like

My 2 pennies although an element of this is not exactly no code.

Bubble
Sendgrid
Zapier (this is specific the daily schedules :-))
PHP Webserver hosting specific .php files which I use as API endpoints to the bubble API connector. These perform specific heavy lifting which is currently beyond bubble natively. This includes secure authentication to Bubble API from a generic WebServer. I have a web app presenting my bubble app data but not the bubble frontend. In order to do this without exposing my Bubble API token etc I use php to obscure that.

It does indeed work very well with the API Connector.

Most of mine predate the ability to run Javascript, so I would imagine it would be easier to run that on the page now.

So number conversion, escaping quotes etc - all very small.

The biggies are using NPM packages to make API access easier.

As above, Twitter posting is a good example. A single NPM module will do all the nasty hashing and signature generation. So it turns a complex API into a very simple call to the module.

5 Likes

Bubble
Mixpanel
Hotjar
Flow.ai / Chatfuel
Node.js on Heroku (sorry, this includes code!)
ElasticEmail
Zapier
Stripe
Google Optimize

:smiley:

2 Likes

Keith,

You’re speaking a foreign language to me. Apparently NoCode doesn’t preclude speaking in code(?) :/:confused:

Hi interesting topic.

I was checking out webtask.io but it doesn’t accept new user sign ups. So does anyone know what’s the status of this or know a good (NoCode) alternative.

Furthermore having a year that has passed since last reply, has anyone changed the stack used?

Thanks

A quick alternative is Pipedream although a caveat is, that the code you write is public (hende you need to make sure not to include sensitive information directly in the code).

Also AWS Lambda. The free tier includes 400.000 GB seconds of running code pr. month. Setup is a bit trickier, but pays off!

1 Like

Well, the alternative is Bubble’s own Server Side Plugins.

Although my experience of it has not been all that good so far. Despite it being everything I wanted back then !

The biggies are using NPM packages to make API access easier.

Firebase functions ?

AWS Lambda is just too fiddly for me.

1 Like

Interesting that the nocode “influencers” seem to have picked up on No Code Stacks recently :slight_smile:

I would now add carrd.co for landing pages.

Webflow + Zapier + Airtable seems a very popular stack for mid-level complexity apps.

What role would airtable fill? I can’t wrap my head around that one :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Used as a back end database for Webflow I think.

1 Like