What's the best way to display "Help" Information in an App?

I want to create an “in app” help facility. Is the best way to do this from a performance and User experience angle to put a Question Mark icon next to a button that a user can hit to display help in a Pop Up or is there a better way to do this? I’ve tried the Tool Tip text that pops up on the button but it’s a bit slow and isn’t ideal for explaining more in-depth things. Any other suggestions would be gratefully received.

Hi there, @joefarrowsmith… for what it’s worth, I have used the question mark/popup concept in a number of apps, and it works perfectly well. That being said, I think it’s only an effective approach if your in-app help is pretty lightweight, meaning you aren’t going to have lots of questions marks all over the place. If your documentation is going to be extensive, you might want to consider linking out to a separate app or a third-party platform that is custom built for help documentation (like Bubble does in the editor).

Anyway, just some food for thought there, and I hope it helps.

Best…
Mike

1 Like

Nice one. Thanks Mike. I’m hoping the app’s pretty self-explanatory so I can get away with a PopUp concepts as there’s not too much that requires explanation…just this one little area that isn’t completely obvious.
I didn’t know there are third party platforms for such things. Good to know!
Thanks again
Joe

Bingo… that’s the real ticket, my friend. :slight_smile: