When dropdown is changed, send e-mail

Hi! I want to create a function where when a dropdown is selected (see screenshot) an e-mail is send based on the dropdown value.

More specific: a user creates a e-mail campaign with an Campaign name, the e-mail subject and the e-mail body, he/she saves it, and can select wich campaign he wants to use to target their prospect, and use the body and subject of the name he/she selected.

See screenshots for visualization.
Thanks in advanced!

Are you literally asking how to send an email when a dropdown value is changed?

In which case, that’s literally what you do (i.e. run a workflow when the dropdown value is changed which sends the email)…

Or is there something more specific you’re asking about here?

Exactly what Adamhholmes said. Just to add that it doesn’t sound like the best user experience especially if a user mistakenly chooses the wrong option on the drop-down. Why not use a final submit button?

1 Like

it doesn’t sound like the best user experience especially if a user mistakenly chooses the wrong option on the drop-down.

I’d definitely agree with that…

Just think if someone selects an option, then changes their mind 2 seconds later, then changes it back again… they’ll have sent 3 emails in the space of a few seconds…

Hardly a good experience for the User, nor for the person they/you are spamming with multiple emails…

@jona als ik me trouwens niet vergis hoort de “ë” als tweede te staan, dus “creëer” ipv “creeër” en is “samen stellen” 1 woord → “samenstellen”. Komt iets professioneler over :wink:

Hi @adamhholmes & @JDeltree,

Thanks both of you for your reaction. I didn’t explain it the right way, sorry!
I meant that when someone selects a campaign trough the dropdown, they can click on a button “save” or something, and that my application then uses the body & subject based on the campaign name they selected.

1 Like

Thanks voor de tip Olivier, die Nederlands les was ik er niet bij :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.