When I create a new piece of data want it to count it so i can display it!

When I create a new piece of data I want it to count every time I do create a new piece so I can display it. I have it display all of my info just don’t know how to count it or display the count.

When I create the call I want it to count the number of the call. So say I just created a new call when I display it, it will show 1 next to all the information. But when another one is created it says 2 but the first one I created says 1 still. I’m not sure how to do this.

With this image, you can see I got it to work to display the number but they both say 2 when I create another call all three will say 3, I want them to say 1, 2, 3, not all 3! When I press the red X it deletes the call and then the number goes down once one is deleted.

Can you share the description of the text field that is showing the ‘2’ so we can help trouble shoot.

What you are doing is taking the :count function which is giving you the total count of all the data that has been created…so in your screen shot you have two pieces of data created, so total count using the :count function will return 2 for each of the pieces of data. It counts how many of that data type there are.

The way to do what you want is to add a data field called “sort order” and when you are creating a new piece of data you need to manage the sort order of them. So you need to have a function that basically search the data to find the last items sort order and add 1

Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 1.40.46 PM

If you want you can also use customs states to track the sort order to add to the D.B.

You could also use the current cell’s index of the repeating group to add the sort order to a list of things that was created.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.