Which is the right approach for a mobile app, opening and authenticating wise?

I am building a (yet another) simple budget app to learn a bit Bubble.

I am wondering the best approach to load the app when the user runs it:

1. Launching the app just runs the app: I don’t force the user to register anywhere and I don’t authenticate anything: . My question is: where the data will be stored ? Bubble is capable to store data on the phone itself, without upload it to the cloud ?

2. Launching the app for the first time asks the user to sign up. After signing up he is good to go. Questions: 1) How much time will the user stay logged in ? Hours ? Days ? Months ? A phone restart ? App closing ?

3. If the user signed up, I thought about making an index page that does the following in the workflow: is user logged in ? Then go to dashboard. Is user logged out ? Then go to sign-in/signup page.
    Is it kind of right to do or is there a more standard way to accomplish that ?

Any other suggestions are very well welcomed :sweat_smile:

Launching the app just runs the app: I don’t force the user to register anywhere and I don’t authenticate anything: . My question is: where the data will be stored ? Bubble is capable to store data on the phone itself, without upload it to the cloud ?

Nope, it is uploaded to the server and if your user doesn’t create an account within 72 hrs, Bubble won’t be able to tell who created the records.

Launching the app for the first time asks the user to sign up. After signing up he is good to go. Questions: 1) How much time will the user stay logged in ? Hours ? Days ? Months ? A phone restart ? App closing ?

A simple Google search gets you far nowadays. :wink: But for your convenience:

If the user signed up, I thought about making an index page that does the following in the workflow: is user logged in ? Then go to dashboard. Is user logged out ? Then go to sign-in/signup page.
Is it kind of right to do or is there a more standard way to accomplish that ?

Your index page is usually your marketing page. So while you can create that logic, you probably want to do it the other way around. If someone visits page “Dashboard,” for example, and they are logged out or don’t have a sufficient role, you redirect them to your page of choice.

Thank you :slight_smile:

When the user first wants to register himself, the action I am using when clicking the button is “Sign the user up” and I can’t find the option “Keep the user logged in” :thinking:

Again, that’s what we have the Bubble Docs/Google for: