Why I can't set custom height to Material Design UI Plugin Text fields?

Continuing the discussion from Material Design UI Components - [Ver. 2.5.X] - Purracchio Andrea:

@lmoreau,

It’s not an issue or a bug !!!

Material Design UI Kit Plugin follows as near as possible Material Design guide lines.

Text fields (numbers, dates …etc) must have 80px height.

Space between fields are important to beauty, visibility, and more usability, specially for mobile.

Padding around the look of element is designed to help bubblers to positioning elements in a correct way according to Material Design guide lines.

I’m developing a more generic Kit of elements, more flexible and customizable. Wait for a first release.

Thanks to everyone. Bye!

Well it’s a bug if the actual production app doesn’t match development. It would make more sense if the input fields were a fixed size in the editor, but instead it allows you to make them as tall or as short as you want, but then ignores it.

That’s disappointing as we won’t be able to keep using this plugin since it wastes too much space in between the elements but thanks for letting me know the reason.

I’m sorry but it’s not very true. During development, in editor, can resize height and change position as you want but in “Responsive” editor, height of elements will be shown correctly. Moreover you have “Preview” to verify output response. Then …I repeat, is not a bug ! (but for you).

Here you are right ! But Bubble don’t allows me to lock height only and leave width changeable. In plugin editor, you can only choose if lock dimensions (W and H) or not.
But width must be resizable for obviously reasons.

I’m very sorry for that, however I can understand your peculiar design needs. If you want I can advise you to view link below, before leaving my plugin and read more documents about graphic design good practice. Thanks! Bye.

Material Design Text Fields

I’m sorry but it’s not very true. During development, in editor, can resize height and change position as you want but in “Responsive” editor, height of elements will be shown correctly. Moreover you have “Preview” to verify output response. Then …I repeat, is not a bug ! (but for you).

Perhaps you should use your eyes before you use your mouth. I already posted a screenshot of the editor and production which clearly shows they don’t match. I can stack them on top of each other in the editor and that’s not how they appear in production, yet according to you, they are the same. Got it.

I’m very sorry for that, however I can understand your peculiar design needs. If you want I can advise you to view link below, before leaving my plugin and read more documents about graphic design good practice. Thanks! Bye.

Not wanting to have half a page of solid white wasted space is far from peculiar. I don’t need any advice from you thanks as it’s hard enough to understand what you’re saying as is. (You might want to fix the typos and spelling errors in your plugin if you expect people to pay for it. “Is readed only” does not make any sense and is not proper English for example.)

Excuse me for my English and thank you a lot for your advice. I hope my next plugin will be most appreciated from you. I promise that next release of Material Design UI Kit plugin will have a perfect English documentation. I’m learning. Bye.