Forum Documentation Showcase Pricing Learn more

Will Bubble be releasing new features?

Why has bubble features release slowed significantly?
It used to be every week something new was announced. Now we do not hear anything.
Hope to get some clarifications from the team!

They are actually working very hard on improving the back-end. Unfortunately as a User you might not notice that impact directly :wink:

From what I’ve heard they are working on the following: Re-design of the editor, Cloudflare and general speed optimization.

3 Likes

We’re actually constantly releasing new features and fixes! You can keep an eye on our releases at our Releases page; clicking on “Releases” will show you everything our engineers have published.

1 Like

Hi! What happened to the Roadmap?

2 Likes

how about the roadmap. I feel the roadmap has been delayed in a non sustainable way. backend is essential but even stuff like search box not properly versatile. but front end elements for mobile has been stalled in a really unreasonable manner.

Our team is currently working on a project that is - essentially - a complete overhaul of our editor. Part of this overhaul will certainly be updates to our Responsive engine, as well as better accommodations for mobile users.

9 Likes

Well I confess that I’m both afraid and excited to see this “complete overhaul” of the editor!

1 Like

Well, you can find it on the internet already. :wink:

6 Likes

Isn’t that just an external work, unrelated to the Bubble team itself? Or is that something they’re going to use? Oh my god so many possibilities

I stumbled upon it while I was checking the website of Matt Legrand. He is the current designer on the Bubble team.

1 Like

Oh my… :heart_eyes:

Everything seems in place at that image… I was afraid they’d change stuff around, it would be like getting into my car and suddenly the pedals are buttons near the windshield and the steering wheel is now a voice activated turning assistant. And we stay laying down instead of sitting.

Glad that won’t be the case! And also glad we’ll have a dark mode, because the editor is the only website I can’t turn into dark mode through the use of extensions.
And yep, I dark mode everything in my browser :smile:

1 Like

I think it is important that bubble support mobile applications. I know it is made for web but I think it has been more than 2 years with promise to have mobile on the roadmap. Non of the solutions on the market are good or reasonable. I do not mind paying extra to have the support for that.

2 Likes

Yes MrMaker they will do all the things you’ve mentioned. They are actually very busy right now with the performance of the app. It’s way to early to focus on mobile :wink:

Hi @MrMaker

A good free alternative to creating applications is open source Jasonelle. Good and very reasonable. Native and Web.

10 min. to create a FREE native app with Bubble > iOS :large_blue_diamond: Android

I’m curious. I’ve noticed people working in dark mode. What’s the advantage of that?

Ig you havent seen this?

I’m on Firefox :stuck_out_tongue: but thanks!

1 Like

It’s more comfortable to the eyes :relieved:

Immediate benefit: slightly longer battery life if working on a laptop.

Long-term benefit: the less blue light you look at in the evenings and at night, the lower your risk of developing all sorts of nasty stuff ranging from depression through insomnia to even cancer.

But you shouldn’t rely on the dark mode exclusively for protection - install Flux instead.

2 Likes