YES, the almighty whiteboard in a roll-up, desktop-friendly version. It will set you back around 8 dollars, different colored pens included.
Am I serious? I am indeed. Of all the fancy project management tools I’ve tested, this is the one I keep using, and using, and using, and using. It’s almost ridiculous how many things I note down on this thing before wiping it half an hour later when I no longer need it. It’s basically the missing link between my short-term memory and long-term memory.
- Need to visualize a data type before creating anything? Sketch it.
- Need to remember the name of that Env Variable you just created? Write it down.
- Need a quick task list to finish that nice new popup? Draw it in five seconds (and get the added satisfaction of actually checking it in real life)
- Need to not look at the screen while thinking up that badass Condition to rule all conditions? Draw it.
- Got a phone call and need to write down some details before you forget? Write it down.
Does it replace a project management tool or project documentation? Of course not. Has it made my workday easier? More than any other tool I’ve invested my time in.
Run like the wind Bubblers, and buy one of these for yourself. You’ll see that for once, you’re glad you clicked on that click-baiting thread title!