Your login session has changed / expired

I’m getting the following message when I try to do anything on my app.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 182332

I can’t preview anything on it, can’t log in and it appears whenever I try to do anything at all. Quite infuriating because I have no idea what has occurred to cause it. I worked on my app all day, tested it and it was fine. Joined a call for an hour then went to walk the dogs and came back to this without any intervention in the meantime.

Can anyone give me a hint of what I should do to even start remedying it. I’ve searched here and it seems to be known but without any specific advice.

I’d be very grateful if anyone can help me.

Is this the login to bubble.io, or to your actual app? Is this appearing on just one device / browser or have you tried multiple browsers and/or devices? I’d try logging in with incognito mode, as well as clearing cache.

It’s the actual app.

I’ve just cleared the cache - no difference.

I’m just trying other devices.

Works in incognito mode.

I’m using Edge/Chrome (actually Edge). Earlier today I was getting annoyed with the popups and autofilling so I downloaded Firefox. It was working well in there but every time I linked to an order in my app from an email it opened Edge to work out (without my noticing on several occasions).

I carried on working in Edge then uninstalled Firefox.

The work I did on my App was fine and successful. But after being away, I came back to this message which is effectively locking me out of it.

I’m guessing it’s related to settings etc on my PC but I’m not tecchy enough to know what settings I need to change to get it back.

Any ideas?

I’ve managed to access my app again by deleting all cookies from my machine. If anyone comes across this in future, that’s what worked for me but I hope you find a less irritating step to take.