⏱ ZQ Countdown - New plugin from Zeroqode

Simple but powerful countdown plugin

Countdown

For details, screenshots and demos please visit the plugin page at: https://zeroqode.com/plugin/countdown-1577086529222x720033006785396700

Please support us with a retweet

Levon Terteryan

Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates

Zeroqode Blocks

Bubble Plugins

Bubble Courses

Convert Web to iOS & Android

No-code Development Services

4 Likes

Another great plugin @levon

I am having a bit of difficulty working this out:

I want to display the count down just in months, then when it gets to below 31 days, for it to change to days, then anything below 1 day, for it to change to hours. Does that make sense?

I have attached a couple of screenshots showing the text element and plugin to show what I am trying to achieve. It works with days and then onto months, but when the date is changed and goes back the way, it remains on months.

Hope you can help. Many thanks.

Hello @mikescullion, thank you for reaching out!

We will check for possible solutions to your issue and will let you know when we will have an answer.

Best Regards,
Zeroqode Team

Hello @mikescullion,

To keep you updated, we are working on finding a solution for you. Currently, we are facing a small issue that needs to be fixed once this will be done we will notify you and will provide the solution.

Best Regards,
Zeroqode Team

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport Thank you for the update, it’s appreciated. I will await your further update.

Hello @mikescullion,

We did a small update of the plugin so first of all please update the plugin to the latest version in order to have it working properly.

Regarding the solution, you were looking for. The most optimal way of doing that will be to create a separate group for each time period you want to show (Month, Day, Hour, Minute, etc. )
Then for each group, you can add the condition that will hide it. For example when Days = 0, hide the group that is showing days, when Hours= 0, hide the group that is showing hours. You can overlap them and show only the group that is needed. In the end, you will have something similar to that but with overlapped groups:

The condition for hiding groups should be as following:
For the group that is showing days

For the group that is showing hours

For the group that is showing minutes

For the group that is showing seconds

I hope this solution solves your problem.

Best Regards,
Zeroqode Team

1 Like

Hi

Can we get some details on this plugin,

Can it be used in repeating groups ?
When the timer runs out can it run a workflow?
Can it run on the backend server?
How to use it etc…

Thanks in Advance.

Hi @richer.devops,

Thanks for reaching out. Sure, let us provide insights to help you here.

Plugin comes with a Countdown element and a single event - When Countdown Ended:

For plugin’s property editor, here are the available features you can use:

So you just insert a countdown date and time, then select the information you’d like to display/take into account.

Later on, you can use plugin’s states to display in a text element, for instance, or any other place you’d like:

Please test this plugin and here - http://zeroqode-demo-20.bubbleapps.io/countdown and check its editor here - Zeroqode-demo-20 | Bubble Editor to preview how it works and all the features.

Yes, it can be used anywhere you want. But these custom implementation might require some additional Bubble tweaks to make things work, depending on your project requirements.

Yes, you can trigger any workflow action with plugin’s event when the countdown ends.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to use it in backend.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

I thought the stopwatch image was synced to the timer,
but instead it was just a gif.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Hi @pranay.t16,

Yes, it is just a gif, but the idea is - you can simply copy and paste it in your project if you’d like to have this animation, to make it look nice.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Hi Guys

Can this countdown only be triggered manually?

I need to be able to trigger a countdown via inputs in a form that create’s a new thing. The duration of the countdown would depend on input value’s inserted.

And if this plugin cannot do that, please let me know if there is another method/plugin that can.

Thank you

Hello, @phrase9
Thanks for reaching out.

Please allow us to mention that the required scenario is not available with this plugin. It is a simple Countdown, which starts when the page is loaded.

However, please take a look at the Simple Stopwatch / Timer plugin (Simple Stopwatch / Timer Plugin for Bubble | Zeroqode), where you can implement these actions:

Please check the Demo Page and the Documentation for this plugin in order to find a description of the functionality: https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/simple-timer-countdown-and-stopwatch-plugin

In case you will have any additional questions - please let us know.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Thank you. From looking at the demo I understood that indeed the countdown duration can be set by the value’s of a thing created. I hope this is correct.

A question I have: can the countdown keep counting down from the original start date/time even if the page is refreshed? i.e it doesn’t start from the beginning each time the page is refreshed?

@phrase9,
Sorry for the late reply.

No, unfortunately. Our plugin won’t continue counting down the time, as the Bubble does not allow this. After the page refresh, the countdown element will start counting down the time from the beginning (the value will be refreshed and start counting down the time again).

Please let me know if there’s anything you’d like to ask.
Have a good Friday! :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Thank you

No, unfortunately. Our plugin won’t continue counting down the time, as the Bubble does not allow this. After the page refresh, the countdown element will start counting down the time from the beginning (the value will be refreshed and start counting down the time again).

If any one knows a solution to this I will appreciate if you could share it.

1 Like

I have started using this plugin and it seems to work fine, but I have found what I think is a small problem.

I have a repeating group. In each parent group I have two timers (one for when something will start and one for when the same thing will end).

I have a single set of “0:0:0:0” displays to show the start and end times. I hide the second timer if there is still time on the first, and I hide the first timer if it’s expired.

Everything seems to work fine, but when I do a search for a specific row or set of rows where the second timer is shown and the first one is hidden, I sometimes get the second timer flickering between the correct countdown and another countdown.

I got a recording if it if it will help.

Are there limitations on how many timers I can have in a repeating group? Or maybe problems with hiding the timer displays?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello, @firstfifteensoftware!

Thanks for reaching out!

Yes, if you have a screencast (recording), please provide a link here to better understand the use case you have and resolve the difficulties you faced. :pray:
Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Sorry for the delay!

I haven’t managed to resolve the issue, but I did change my design so that I don’t show the counters in a repeating group. I now just show the counters in a single result.

But here is a video to show the flipping-out counters. No narration, but I do highlight where the counters have a problem.

Hi, @firstfifteensoftware!

Thank you for your video, but unfortunately, it doesn’t fully reflect your app’s customization. To better understand the issue and to reproduce your case please send us one more screencast with the conditions and workflow you have created. :pray:

Hope to hear from you soon.
Regards,

Hi, Just installed your plugin. Is it possible to reset the countdown without refreshing the page?