Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

ZQ Fuzzy Search & Autocomplete

Hey,

I use the ZQ Fuzzy Search & Autocomplete plugin from @ZeroqodeSupport, and works great, but the thing is that it’s very slow.

I have like 5 000 entries that I do a Search for all of them, in the Bubble’s searchbox, the results appear instantly, but with @ZeroqodeSupport’s plugin, it takes like 6 seconds to display results in a RG.

Thanks in advance :slightly_smiling_face: :computer:

Hi @hacker, thanks for reaching out.

As you’ve noticed FuzzySerch needs a few seconds to search through thousands of items from your database.

As a workaround for this, please allow us to propose you create your Custom State, which should retrieve information from the database, and you can search using this Custom State. :pray:

In case you need to get more information about the FuzzySerch plugin please check this documentation.
As well if you would like to expand your database, you can check our Algolia Search Plugin, which allows you integration with the Algolia platform and search not through the Bubble DB, but through Algolia’s one. It can increase the speed of loading all the elements.

I hope the above is useful to you.
Best regards, :slightly_smiling_face:
Zeroqode Support Team.

1 Like

Hello @hacker,

Take a look at my new Plugin Quick Find Search (here is the Plugin page ). It allows instantaneous and powerful client-side searching on data types with lots of entries.

Here is an example when searching a data type with 10k entries without any search constraints. :exploding_head:

Hope this helps and feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, @ZeroqodeSupport,

Can you explain?

Thanks again

2 Likes

Hey @hacker , thanks for your reply.

The ZQ Fuzzy Search & Autocomplete plugin is a client-side tool, and the process of downloading data goes something like this.

As was mentioned, you create your Custom State for the page, which should retrieve information from the database (the custom state should have a data type, which you are willing to use), and you can search using this Custom State.
Another possibility to work with this plugin is to create a database sorting and search through the sorted information.

For more details about custom state, please check this manual: Using Custom States - Bubble Docs

I hope the above will be useful to you.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Hello @ZeroqodeSupport ,

Thank for your great plugin. I have 2 questions.
I’m planning to get thousands of data from my customers, so I’m worried that the searching function will suddenly stop when we will get huge data. You mentioned that using custom state might work better, however, I understand that transferred data amount is not changed even if I use custom state. (I get all records from a database to the custom state, and filter with your plugin at client-side.) Could you please elaborate the logic that custom state works better?
I tried to show the search result in another page from input box. (such as users input a word in a input box, press a "search "button, move to another page and see the result). In order to achieve this flow, I put another input box in the destination page, and set the query as initial content via the URL. However, no result was shown. I could see the results when the query was changed in the destination page. Is there any way to show results in destination page without changing the query in the destination page?

Hello, @hagemashiblog
Thanks for reaching out and sorry for our long reply. It was delayed due to the New Year holidays :partying_face:

Please allow us to provide you with some details on your requests:

First of all, please note that in order to make the plugin workable on another page, you need to configure all plugin elements there: input, plugin element, and repeating group.
Thus, please try this scenario for your purpose and let us know about the result.

In case you sure that the quantity of te data will be so huge, we would like to recommend you to analyze also another plugin, namely Algolia Search Plugin , which allows you to integrate with the Algolia platform and search not through the Bubble DB, but through Algolia’s one. It can increase the speed of loading all the elements.

As was mentioned, you create your Custom State for the page, which should retrieve information from the database (the custom state should have a data type, which you are willing to use), and you can search using this Custom State.
Another possibility to work with this plugin is to create a database sorting and search through the sorted information.

For more details about custom state, please check this manual: Using Custom States - Bubble Docs

I hope the above will be useful to you.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

@ZeroqodeSupport
Thank you for your prompt reply!

I put all plugin elements on another page, but I couldn’t get results. I attached three pictures. ①Elements on another page ②There is no result when the input box gets query “600” from URL ③I can see a result when I type “600” in the input box again.

Actually, I already tried your Algolia Search Plugin, but I found that I cannot receive Bubble data type from Algoria. Algolia returns only text, but I would like to use repeating group whose data source is bubble’s data type, so Algolia did not match my needs.

Hello, @hagemashiblog
Thanks for the details.

Unfortunately, but from the provided screenshots we can’t investigate the reason for reproduced behavior.
Please share with us the screenshots of each plugin element: RG, input, and plugin element.

It will help us to analyze the basis of the error. However, we suppose that the issue is related to the DataBase, thus, we kindly ask you to share the screens of the database, and especially DataSource, used in the RG.

Looking to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello, @ZeroqodeSupport
Thank you for your support.
I attached the pictures of each element and used database.
Looking forward to receiving your advice.
Thank you.

Hello, @hagemashiblog
Thanks for providing these screens.

As I can see on your screenshots, you are setting as a Repeating group Data Source - the reference to the plugin’s Search Matches. However, it is pretty incorrect.

If you check the plugin demo page, you will see that the Repeating group Data Source = the database table on which you are doing your search. It means you should indicate the Do a search for database table name as a Data Source of your Repeating group.

We kindly recommend you change the Data Source and let us know about the result.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support team

@ZeroqodeSupport
Thanks for the advice.
I changed as your demo, but still not get right result.

Picture1 & Picture2 : Changed data source

Picture3 : Result when I move to another page
As I mentioned, I cannot get correct result when Input box get query through URL while I can get right result when I change the input box’s value in the page. Please look at this gif.

Hello, @hagemashiblog
Thank you for patience.

We suppose that the main issue is related to the scenario you are trying to implement. So, the plugin is working properly on the one page, but the method of displaying them on another page should be reviewed.

Due to the fact that we have some additional questions regarding your settings, can you please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application?
This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to fix the mentioned problem.
To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email [email protected]
Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Looking to hear you soon.
Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

@ZeroqodeSupport
Sorry for my late reply due to my holidays.
I added your support team as a collaborator.
Looking forward to receiving your advice.
Thanks.

Hello, @hagemashiblog
Thanks for adding us to your application.

We will analyze the configuration of the plugin within your application and will revert to our feedback ASAP. Thanks for the understanding.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support team