ZQ Rich Text Editor - New Plugin From Zeroqode

Hi @levon

Your plugin looks promising! I have a question, as I am trying to choose an RTE.

My base use case is this: I want to be able to give my “admin” user the ability to edit text in the text editor and then (in a different page or state) give “non-admin” user the ability simply read this content (NO toolbars and NO editing ability). Much like a blog, if you will. Is that something I could do with your plugin?

Thank you in advance,
Nassos

Hi @nassosk, thanks for reaching out.

Yes, this case can be implemented by using the following option:

For more info on available actions and setting, please check the plugin demo editor page: zeroqode-demo-06 | Bubble Editor

If there will be anything else that we can help with about our plugin, drop a message here :wink:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi there,

Thank you for your quick and positive response.

Best regards
N.

1 Like

Anyone else having a problem with the font being respected if using an HTML element to show the result of the RTE?
I sent the default font

and in the editor it is correct.

But the resulting text is always Arial in the HTML Element.

I tried using a text element before to show the result but the images and the Text didn’t show up like in the bubble rich text editor so I have been using an HTML element to show the data in a repeating group.

Hi @TekaTeki, thanks for your message.

Regretfully, the current plugin functionality doesn’t pass the style value to the HTML element, as it is not a plugin element (only text value).
The developer team will check how feasible it would be to add such improvement to the next plugin update. Once any news becomes available in this regard, we will let you know asap.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

okay, thanks… I can mostly do what I need to by using the LITE element with no buttons and read-only to replace the HTML element and it shows up fine except that there is a padding something built into the RTE for which I see no control in the plugin settings.

Hi @TekaTeki, thanks for the reply.

For a better understanding of the case, please share a related screenshot, it might help us to understand better your case.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

HI- thanks for following up. In the editor the ZQ RTE Lite element is tight against the group in which it sits, which has a column container layout. Note in the editor screenshot ,the boarder of the RTE element is upper left with no margin.

When in live mode, the ZQRTE Lite element has a margin or padding on the top and left.

While there are no padding options for the ZQTRE element, there are margins, which are set to 0.

So, what I mean is that there seems no way to control the distance between the text and the borders of the element.

Hi @TekaTeki, thanks for the provided screenshots and explanation.

As a solution, you can add an HTML element on your page, that will remove the mentioned padding within the ZQ RTE Lite element.

This code will give the following result:

Hope the provided hint will help. Also, a solution for passing style value to an HTML element is on the way to be deployed :wink:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Okay, yes, certainly that will do. I guess future development would be to use Bubble’s padding setting in the plug-in… it is a wonderful Rich Text Editor though and the @mentions, Hashtags and emojis are welcomed enhancements to some of the others.

Hi @TekaTeki, thanks for your reply.

We’ve pushed a plugin update, that has added a state displaying the currently used text style.

To check changes, please upgrade your plugin to the latest version (Version 1.125.0: Fixed CORS error. ) and give it a try.

So for a corresponding font style formatting in an HTML element, the following code is required:

All users requests are added to plugin development roadmap, so once any news appears about any of them, we inform users asap.

If there will be any plugin-related questions that we can help with, drop us a message :wink:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

@ZeroqodeSupport

Good day! I took the plunge and subscribed after your new default font enhancement.

Is there a means to set the default displayed .pt font size (too small for some end-users in the senior category to read well while typing)? I don’t want to expose the option for “normal” etc font size to end users so I have control over the editor and final text element where others read the final output.

Also - I’d like to add a roadmap request to allow image storage in Google Cloud and locations other than Bubble’s default bucket.

Thanks!

Hi @K.T,
Thank you for your message and purchase.
We kindly appreciate your interest in our plugins. :pray:

Currently, there is no option to set the default font size, but as a workaround, you can insert HTML tags <h1><h2><h3>, etc... for the Content text. These tags will set the default font size.
See the screenshots below:

Thank you for your suggestion, it can be considered as a possible plugin improvement so we will pass it to the developer team for analysis. They will check how feasible would be to add them in future plugin updates. If any news will appear in this regard, we will let you know :wink:

If there is anything else that we can help with about the Advanced Rich Text Editor Plugin for Bubble | Zeroqode, please let us know.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello!

Links and emails are cut off by writing. Could this issue be fixed?

Hi @bulat.akhmadeev,
Thank you for your message and for using the Advanced Rich Text Editor Plugin.

Currently, the Plugin has a feature to Auto Detect URL and converts them to Hyperlinks if such an option is set to Yes in the Plugin element.

We can check with the dev team if it is possible to add an improvement to the plugin to auto-detect emails when @ sign is used.
Once there will be any updates, we will notify you.

Have a great weekend.
Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Hi @richard16, some good news here

This feature has been added in one of the previous plugin updates. To use it, please update your plugin to the last version and set the field accordingly.

If there will be any other plugin-related suggestions, please let us know.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello Bubblers and @info.etuuta, some good news here!

We have pushed a plugin update, that has added the possibility to store images in personal AWS storage.

To check changes, please upgrade your plugin to the latest version (Version 1.129.0: Added option “Upload to Private AWS”) and give it a try.

Have a great day!

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Awesome update, thanks for that…

One request if possible : Would it be possible to make the AWS upload compatible with s3 storages? aka… Using Wasabi. I believe allowing the user to setup the server url manually would allow this?

Thanks

@ZeroqodeSupport How is the upload to Bubble AWS option supposed to work? I would expect that the user would click the image icon, pick an image from their computer, it would upload to my app’s file manager and get pasted into the RTE as HTML image with the src= set to the image’s url from the Bubble file manager.

Instead, when they click the image icon and select a file, nothing happens. The file isn’t uploaded to Bubble, nothing changes in the RTE etc.

I’m using the RTE for creating emails that will be sent as HTML through Postmark. Unfortunately, this image issue is totally killing it. I’d hate to look for another solution, but my users need to be able to use images and this plugin seems to really struggle with images. Also worth mentioning: Storing images in text form, in the database is also not an option. The database gets way too big and slow.