ZQ Rich Text Editor - New Plugin From Zeroqode

I encountered a bug with this plugin that crashed my app.

A user of my app embedded an image that was 13 mb large and as this was stored in a text field, the whole data table was frozen afterwards.

Is there a way to prevent users from embedding files / images into the text field?

Thank you.

Hi @max5,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, it is not possible. However, you can disable this checkbox:

Screenshot 2021-06-25 at 16.22.49

And it will hide this option from the menu.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Thank you. I actually did find a way. Itā€˜s possible to store ZQ RTEā€˜s HTML as File instead of text. This will prevent the app from crashing if larger images are embedded.

1 Like

Thanks @max5 for the hint!

In case you like this plugin so far, could you please rate in the Plugins tab within your editor? You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves.

The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to build great plugins :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Hello @ZeroqodeSupport !

nice plugin !

Iā€™ve some issue, and try to fix it without sucess :

Thanks for helping

Hi @levon
I tried to use the ZQRTE in a repeating group (basically the ā€˜slidesā€™ that users can write descriptions for each ā€˜cardā€™).

It seemed that only one instance (one RTE) can be edited at a time in this case - for the others no matter what the text I put in it does not show anything on Inspect (i.e. empty)

Sorry further more when saving data to the ā€˜contentā€™ of each RG element. it seems to get confused (i.e. HTML from one text box saved into another)

Hi @ha.le , @Sarah_Esteve ,

Thanks for reaching out and reporting it. We have actually fixed our plugin, it had some issues with the element being displayed on the page. Could you please upgrade it to the latest version, refresh the app and give it a try again?

However, in case the issues still persist on your side, please share some screenshots/screencast of your app setups (design, workflow, etc.) so we can replicate the same issues on our end. This will help investigate it further :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Hello !

Some trouble when editing the content :

https://www.loom.com/share/f9badac62fd441cea8c85998feb6bd5d

Thanks for your replies and support @ZeroqodeSupport

Another issue is for 1 line break in html, itā€™s generating 4 lines break in text mode :confused:

@ZeroqodeSupport

Hi @Sarah_Esteve ,

We have identified the RTE expansion outside the popup border, unfortunately, but no worries as our development team will fix it asap.

For the line breaks issue, we cannot reproduce in on our side. Could you please share the exact steps on how to reproduce it? Screenshots/screencast of your design, workflow, and preview will help a lot!

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

yes thank you for responding. Hereā€™s a loom : Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software
@ZeroqodeSupport

Hey guys, so I was looking to increase some of the functionality in my chat apps, and see that using your plug in I could easily add emojis/@mentions etc, but after experimenting it am I right to understand that itā€™s not actually a Rich Text editor, but a HTML editor and that I would need to change all my fields that display the text to HTML? Also found when I did this, that images that were pasted into the editor didnā€™t display?

Hi guys,

@Sarah_Esteve good news here. We actually managed to fix the reported issues and soon will push a new update to live. Our developers are doing some final touches with a bit of improvements, then weā€™ll notify you asap.

@philsim it is actually a Rich Text Editor, which also allows you to extract HTML if you will. It lets you upload the pictures, could you please show how exactly it doesnā€™t work on your side?

Best regards
Zeroqode Team

oh nice!!! at the minute I said to myself to ping you to have news hehe weā€™re synch :slight_smile:

thanks for the work @ZeroqodeSupport

1 Like

hello @ZeroqodeSupport

Do you have a schedule for the plugin fix update ?

Thx !

Hi @Sarah_Esteve ,

Thanks for catching up. Yes, we have just pushed a new version to live, so you can upgrade the plugin on your side to give it a try!

Both issues have been fixed. Just to mention about the RTE element inside a popup element. You see, this plugin element comes with a checkbox called RTE Content Resizable:

Screenshot 2021-08-26 at 16.45.04

So here is how it works: checks whether or not the group (where it is located) is resizable or not. Here, the popup element is not resizable, which is why the RTE Content Resizable should be turned off, and it will not get outside of the popup border.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Hey @ZeroqodeSupport . So I feel Iā€™m missing something here.

With standard bubble RTE I simply save the input as text and display as text.

With your RTE I have a few options, from which I tell the main two for the actual content is text or HTML.

When I save the content as text and then display as text, it is just plain text - no saving any formatting or anything like that?

Not sure if Iā€™m missing something with your plugin, or if there is a bug caused by something else on the page? Do I have to use the plugin to display the text as well, which would seem like bloat as Iā€™m using it as a messaging input on a repeating group.

On another note, ideally I would be using the lite version, but I really want to use the emoji capabilitiy. It would be ideal if could trigger the emoji capabilites to pop up withinout having to highlight text which is really counter intuitve. Emojis are also really small and there doesnā€™t seem to be ability to search??

Hi @philsim ,

Thanks for the feedback. Let us try to relate a bit more on this matter.

Youā€™re right noticing that the Bubbleā€™s RTE works a bit different than our plugin. You see, the Bubbleā€™s RTE is using the bb codes for formatting, which is why you are able to display the rich text in a Text element.

In our case, you are also able to display the rich text but in a HTML element instead (without having to see the tags).

Here is an example to showcase how both work:

As it can be seen, the ā€œhelloā€ text is edited as bold in both RTE elements. If you display the Bubbleā€™s RTE value in a HTML element, you will see that the formatting is done with the help of bb codes, that actually work in the simple Text element so it is displayed as expected, but not in the HTML element on the right.

And in case of ZQ RTE element, which offers 2 states to be displayed: 's Text and 's HTML, which is why the Text element is displaying the formatted text with tags, and the rich text in the HTML element. As previously mentioned, you are right saying that our plugin is working a bit differently. But you can easily use the HTML element if you want to display the RTEā€™s value in different places of your app.

Yes, it is not possible to search through emojis, unfortunately. This is not a plugin feature, but weā€™ll consider it as a future improvement in the upcoming updates, if feasible. :pray:
If we do publish a new version with the updates, weā€™ll make sure to notify you if you will.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Thank you @ZeroqodeSupport , Iā€™ve got it working however replacing the text fields with HTML fields, has upset my design a little. How would I change the default font to match what it was when displaying as a text field?

Also, just to demonstrate what I meant by triggering emoji (and also media ideally) without having to highlight the text.
Weā€™ve included the RTE in a group and it would be great if hitting the Emoji button could trigger a workflow to display the emoji pop-up. Also on that front Iā€™ve had issues with the emoji pop up appearing below other items in an RTE, is there anyway to make it always appear above the RTE element? I think you could make this the default solution for every messaging app in Bubble if you added this capability!