1T - CSV Creator 3.0

CSV Creator has been updated with a new action: Create CSV from JSON.

Why does this matter? Your CSV export options are now unlimited!

You can export:

• Custom Column Names
  • Nested Lists
  • Dates in specific timezones
  • Sums
  • Counts
  • Line item calculations
  • Concatenated field values (i.e. this User’s First Name this User’s Last Name)

This uses the new :formatted as text on a list operator to create a list of JSON objects but you can pass JSON from any source.

It’s light and fast and, best of all… FREE :slight_smile:

It’s also public so copy it, manipulate it, make it better, make it yours.

Documentation:

Get the plugin here:

29 Likes

Awesome work @eli

2 Likes

Without that operator, It was a pain generating CSV files fast with less capacity.

As an idea, you can also provide the possibility to upload the generated CSV file to a Bubble app:

That may be a handy one for Reports features. I mean, there is no need to regenerate CSV files multiple times with the same data. So, you’ll be able to send these as an attachment in emails or just having kind of a Report history (each thing with generated CSV files).

3 Likes

@lottemint.md That’s a great idea. I’ve always needed the ability to download the file but can see how it would be useful to have the ability to simply attach it to a thing as well. Thanks!

1 Like

Great plugin !

Is there any example for nested list ? I’d like to export as CSV orders, and orders are, among other info, componed on Ordered products… But the Ordered products data type does not contain a data field refering to the Order.

So, is there a way to export 1 line per Order / Ordered Product, or can it only be 1 line per Order with all Ordered Products in the same cell ?

Many thanks for any help or guidance ! :slight_smile:

Also… is there a way to use a semi-coma instead of a coma in the CSV file ? In Europe, and at least in France, the CSV fields delimiter in the semi coma “;” … So when generating a CSV file, my users will have to reconfigure their MSExcel app… ^^

Hey @Christophe_HK, adding the ability to use a custom delimiter shouldn’t be an issue. Will have a play with that to be sure. Will likely be weekend before I have time to work on it.

2 Likes

Really looking forward to trying this. As I’ve been really struggling returning a list of calculated % fields.

1 Like

Many thanks @eli ! Without the custom delimiter, I can’t make use of this plugin within my app.

2 Likes

Update 13-Dec-20: Version 3.1.0

• Added the ability to use any character as the delimiter for your exported file as suggested by @Christophe_HK
  • Updated logic to handle line breaks from multi-line text without throwing an error
3 Likes

Hi @eli

I’m having a problem having email data in the export.

I’m getting [object Object] when I put email in column data. Is there something I’m missing? When I add a breakpoint to the creation of the CSV I can see the correct values.

screenshot-bubble.io-2020.12.13-16_44_25

I love you, can’t I? :smile:

Many thanks @eli, you’ve made one of the best plugin for Bubble! Congrats!

2 Likes

@justin6, the type should be text, not Email.
Give a try, but you should get what you expect!

@Christophe_HK The field is of type text and in the debugger, it shows as expected.

Fields

Debugger at breakpoint on action “Create a dynamic CSV File”

Can you enlarge the screenshot of your settings for this column Header5 ?

This? If i click “More” after Reply Email I only get the list options from bubble no other fields

OK, very strange… Have you tried to add the extract / email?

Just Tried,

With extract, you only get part of the email and It shows as expected but cannot get the whole email with the @.

I’ve tried on my side, and I succeed in getting email address in the CSV file, using email field set as yours.

Is your search the same for this column than for the other column? There’s something that make it failing, but what?..

I also just tried in a brand new app and it worked. (both email and creators email)

Yes the searches are all the same I copied and pasted from header 1 and only changed the fields that are to be displayed. Additionally, “Creators First Name” works for the export just not the “Creators Email”

I also tried using the Creators email and it did not work for my main app. It shows correctly in the debugger before the download.
screenshot-bubble.io-2020.12.13-18_06_51