Do backend API workflows wait until they complete before moving to another step?

That video I mentioned previously is basically the entire docs for my List Popper SSA (which I mentioned earlier in this current thread) - List Popper plugin thread here: List Popper and Friends: New SSA Plugin for Your Backend Workflow (API Workflow) Needs

(Note: don’t go looking for the example pages that I may or may not have linked to. Those pages are surely modified in the intervening years as they’re part of my private playground. Just rebuild them yourself. What we’re discussing here is not complicated in the slightest and you’ll get my point(s).)

Now, there are several other Action plugins in List Popper and Friends beyond List Popper itself, and these are quite useful (they are also open source so you can fork and modify them as you see fit) like the aforementioned Flow State SSA actions (these are stupid-simple as they just evaluate an expression and forward it to their outputs, making them available in the workflow, but as I said previously this might be just the thing you need to enforce synchronicity in certain contexts).

Note that there was a bit of hubbub somewhere around 36 hours ago where these Actions stopped working properly due to a “smarty-pants” change on Bubble’s side. But that’s Bubble for you… that sort of thing happens all of the time. Whaddyagonnado? (Gory details here.)

1 Like