Native mobile app

@vaughnwibbles Thanks!

So, yeah I definitely encountered that issue. Figuring out how to fix it was a huge headache, as nothing in Phonegap’s documentation or in online forums seemed to help.

The reason you get the ugly location request is that your Bubble web page is calling for a location before the native app itself is finished loading. When that happens, it overrides your app’s location feature and uses the webview browser’s location feature. That’s why you get the ugly request, which is actually the file path of your app page.

What eventually worked for me was to disable everything in my app that called for a location until I was ready to request it. Every location-based item in my app has a custom state as the default value, and I only assign values to those states once the user presses the button to enable location. Once the button is pressed, I change a value on the current user that activates the location requests.

Once you’ve done this, you should only get the one “nice” location popup, because the native app is fully loaded, and it will override the browser’s request.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your app, and feel free to reach out with any more questions!

7 Likes