Ziggeo not working on Mobile

Sorry Emmanuel, I don’t think I got an answer to my concern. If my ziggeo camera bug exists in the Bubble App, won’t it also exist if I publish it to the Apple / Android store? It’s a key part of my service.

Also, can you please send me some information about the process and cost of publishing an app with Bubble?

Thanks, Richard.

I am also interested in this. Hence the question about how you can get an app into the Apple ecosystem without it going onto the Live app store. Is this “Testflight” ?

You’ll be able to test with the file we send you, after you create your build with phonegap, and before you submit to the AppStore. When you’re ready, you email us the appname and the page and we send you some info (the process is done by you). You can also check other alternative like gonative.io, some users have used (check the forum)>

That’s great, thanks Emmanuel! Could I please have a test file of my app to check the ziggeo problem on phonegap as you advised?

Sorry I forgot to tag you in the post.

No need to tag :slight_smile: also, my post said to email us when you’re ready…

Sorry, email sent. Thanks again! I really appreciate the service you provide here.

So now that I’ve got the app working and running in TestFlight, the ziggeo widget doesn’t appear. It still appears and works in the iOS browser live version of the app.

Could it be that it needs a plugin in the www directory somewhere before compiling with Phonegap? I’ll continue research on my end too.

Hey @richardosborne14, did you happen to figure this out? Were you able to upload your app to the app store and successfully use the Ziggeo plugin? If so please leave a test link to your app… Thanks!

Hi gdpmop. I did upload the app with the required phonegap plugins to support Ziggeo (included in the Bubble build already). Unfortunately neither the iOS nor the Android version was able to record video with Ziggeo. I’ve abandoned the video recording part of the project as a result.

In conclusion, Bubble need to come out of beta for native apps before we can really address this issue. Sorry I couldn’t help.

Bummer, alright thanks. Is your app live for iOS? Would love to check it out.

Just an update for everyone trying this. As of November 21st, 2016, Ziggeo still doesn’t work for native apps.

Yeah, I wouldn’t plan on using this til bubble comes out of beta for mobile.

1 Like

I just ‘solved’ this by using vimeo.
You can embed vimeo videos and they show up fine in native apps, vimeo allows the use of their upload API only after approval. I just got approved, uploaded videos will give you back their ‘id’ that you can use as a dynamic value at the embedded player.
It works for me because I don’t need user uploading videos but I want to show dynamic videos periodically uploaded from the admin panel.

3 Likes

I see. Yeah, we have different issues. I want my users to upload vids. Good to know though!

Based on my recent tests this is still an issue. Has anyone had success with Ziggeo in an actual app?

I gave up on Ziggeo a while back. Not only is it flash based, so probably won’t work on mobile until they update it, but they’ve changed their pricing structure so the cheapest you can get is $99 a month, crazy!!

I’m experimenting with a new idea: The ‘File Uploader’ input form, when pressed on a smartphone / tablet (at least on iOS), triggers the dialogue asking you to choose from your iCloud files, or take a picture / video. I want to use that video upload with the Bubble file storage to create a thing with the direct url to the video file. If you use the below code for a standard HTML5 video player, it displays fine using dynamic data to define the video src.

<video width="320" height="240" controls>
  <source src="<dynamic url from the thing your uploader created>" type="video/mp4">
Your browser does not support HTML5 video.
</video>

Credit to @ryan for the HTML5 solution in this post:

How do I place a video on my page

So i’ll have a video uploading page, and then a repeating group with all the videos that have been submitted, pretty much the same as Ziggeo but for zero cost.

I’ll let you know when I have a working prototype to share. At the moment it runs ok using the iOS browser. The big question will be what happens when it’s put in native app form. I think iOS will be fine, but Android as usual will be another story. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

How are you getting around the 50mb file size limit?

I’m not lol, nothing you can do about that, it’s hardwired into Bubble. I’m using it in a context where I can encourage users to use their smartphones to make the video so the output is reasonably small.

When they tap the uploader on Bubble the phone offers them to create a video directly using the camera, and the filesize is usually under 50mb for a few minutes of video.

Yeah exactly. That is tricky though. Good thatit works for you but the limit is something to keep in mind.