2024 - 10 min. to build a free native iOS/Android app šŸ”·

Great Work Jon @Jon_Melo :partying_face:

ps : you can also use BackEnd Workflow to read your Jasonelle text instead of a file as explained. From that point, you can have multiple versions of your apps if needed.

@Jon_Melo - What version of Xcode are you using? Iā€™ve tried downloading 10.1, 10.2, & 10.3 from the below link. When I open the Xcode file I receive an error saying there is an issue with a plugin. :frowning:

1 Like

Hi Jon. Your videos are great! I used your android one to help get my app onto the android store. Do you know how I would get an uploader and/or camera function to work within the wrapped app? Iā€™ve been through all the documentation and cannot get it to work - is it something that needs to be edited within Android Studio perhaps? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

1 Like

I donā€™t think that any App functionality needs to be set in Android Studio. Thatā€™s all in Bubble. Whatā€™s the use case?

1 Like

Hey! We use v 12.3

1 Like

Hi @JohnMark I downloaded the file for Android and am not able to locate the Setup file/command. Can you advise?

1 Like

Hello @soojungish

You best option is to talk with the Jasonelle Telegram people: Link here

I simply want users to be able to upload documents to the database using their camera or upload direct from their files. Works fine normally. But when i wrap it and put on the android store this function no longer works. Im using uppyuploader plugin.

2 Likes

Thank you for the tutorial. I believe the folder names have changed to ā€œjasonette-ios-developā€ & ā€œjasonette-android-developā€. I also do not see a ā€œSetupā€ file.

1 Like

Hello @theduke and Welcome to Bubble :partying_face:

Try to reach :arrow_right: Jasonelle

Remember: You need to install version 10.0 of Xcode (Apple) and the latest version of Studio (Android). Install the free Jasonelle example and make sure it works. Then you have to rename the application with your chosen name. Apple charges $ 100 per year and Google charges $ 20 to be part of their store. Subsequently, the application must be pushed for acceptance by Apple and Google. The time to master everything is about ā€œa few hoursā€. I give a lot of advice in my post but unfortunately it is not organized in step by step.

1 Like

Are you indicating we can use the bdk plugin with Jasonelle or that itā€™s a good alternative?

Do you know if jasonelle can easily implement IAP?

1 Like

hello @jared.gibb

BDK has created a great plugin (with Jasonelle engine). The cost of using BDK is 365$. He will compile for you on Apple and Google (each add. compilation is 35$). You donā€™t own the complete freedom then using directly the free Jasonelle. Hundreds of people are using Jasonelle directly.

https://cloud.google.com/iap/docs/concepts-overview

Thereā€™s no problem to integrate anything (IAP) with native Jasonelle scripting.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I meant in app payment

I am aware of the bdk build package. I am wondering about the plugin specifically. Am I able to use his plugin without his 365$ package but I am guessing not after rereading the above.

1 Like

Hi @jddmrgn! Were you able to find a solution for this? Iā€™m also trying to find something that works! Currently blocking me from serving clients on my Android app.

2 Likes

Hi Andrew. Unfortunately not! Despite much searching and asking Iā€™ve come to the conclusion that noone knows how to get a Bubble app to function correctly once wrapped with Jasonelle and put onto an App store. Such a shame as it really is the only thing that takes it from what would otherwise make it a perfect solution and instead makes it useless :sweat:

2 Likes

Has anyone run into the issue where holding down to save images or open external links crashes the app by turning the entire screen white? Any ideas/solutions to fix this issue?

1 Like

@segongora9 Did you ever figure out this external link issue?

1 Like

@JohnMark @Jon_Melo thanks for this amazing tutorial guys. I have followed the steps using jasonelle and have the app on my phone, but when I open it I just see a white screen. Any ideas?

1 Like

I just wrapped an app with thunkable using a custom plugin I created (and can share). I have a splash screen and then loading screen. Thatā€™s it. I plan to incorporate native sharing soon too!

I am live on the Apple App Store. ScorecardX

If you really wanna check it out, the app itself is at

Even while Iā€™m still in beta they approved!

1 Like