2024 - 10 min. to build a free native iOS/Android app 🔷

Hello @brandonstuch

You must install the demo app (#1) and work from there.

1 Like

hey, thanks for the reply. unfortunately, that doesnt work either. i may have to lean to BDK even though I really wanted this to work :frowning:

1 Like

Hello @brandonstuch

You have to use an older version of Xcode (see above). If it didn’t work, try the jasonelle forum on Telegram (see above).

1 Like

Hey everybody! I’m wondering if anybody has any pointers when using the service what native features to add through the service versus using bubbles features? I have an app that I have converted to a single page app that I want to use Jasonelle to create an iOS file. I am wondering what kind of native features I would need to add so that Apple approves my project. Or am I confused and does it just need to look like a mobile app and not a website?

We livestream how to make your Bubble App mobile native every Thursday at 7pm EST on Twitch.

More details here.

Hope to see you there!
Bubble to Android

3 Likes

Hello folks,
I am very close to complete my project, but I’m experiencing an issue.
The content of my APP cannot be zoom in on a mobile device, despite the check box “Prevent the user from zooming” is unticked .

I would like the users to be able to zoom in the text with a smile size inside my app.

Do you know how to deal with this problem?
Thank you in advance :wink:

1 Like

Bump?

Hello @jddmrgn

Have you tried to use some photos uploader plugins? I’m not sure I fully understand what you’re trying to accomplish. Have you tried to consult the Jasonelle forum (see above) ?

Hi!

I know it was long ago, but I solved it yesterday and reading through the whole thread I realised I was not the only one having this issue lately. So I share my solution here.

Let’s get started. This means file does not exists in that folder. So probably it is somewhere else. You should do a search in /Users/1/Desktop/jasonette-ios-master folder for file named “setting.plist”. In my case I got the result Desktop/jasonette-ios-master/xcode/App/, that’s where my setting.plist file was. Probably yours is located there.

Now you have the file, what I recommend to do is opening the setup file in a text editor. See pictures below:

Next picture you can see my example highlighted, how I fixed the problem.

On the left, in the text editor I highlighted 2 rows. The first one I commented out with a “#” sign is what you also have. The second line changed, thus showing the right path to find the folder.
…/ means go back one folder. You need to use it twice because setup file is in tools/legacy/, but the settings.plist in xcode/app/ folder. Thus, solution is cat > …/…/xcode/app/settings.plist <<EOF

Next issue:

You have to do the same steps as at the first one. Find where your Jasonette.xcworkspace file is, then in the setup file, you have to change the path. After you solve this 2, you may got other “file does not exist” error, then you should fix those paths as well.

But anyway, I upload the differences I had. Left one is the old one, right one is the new one which works for me.

After this, running your setup up file and following the inscturctions in it that should launch your app.
Hope it will help.

Regards,
Boti

3 Likes

Hi. I use the uppyuploader plugin to let users upload a file. Its works fine when used on a browser. However, when wrapped into a android app and put onto the app store, the uppyuploader function no longer works?

1 Like

Dear Sir,
I would like to try the protocole but I didn’t find the master zip for android. Could you give me the link?
Best regards,
Aris

1 Like

Hello @jddmrgn I’m using multi-uploader from ZeroQode.

Hello @aris.maquelin android

1 Like

similar to @jddmrgn … I’ve used a bubble template to customize an app, it’s full functioning on web for mobile phone, meaning it opens up the native camera from within a browser.
My users have an option to snap or camera roll upload pictures on the fly…

after successful jasonette conversion and play store upload for test release i find the photo upload window in bubble does nothing in android.

What do I do to fix this? I added the permission for camera to the manifest. still no go.

2 Likes

Hi. Do you find that multi-uploader works on the wrapped app?

1 Like

Hello @jddmrgn

I have access to the files of my iPhone, but enable to upload it to Bubble at the moment. Something changed from last iOS update. Let you know if any new dev.

Such a shame that jasonelle won’t let you use the camera to take a photo on the wrapped app

1 Like

@jddmrgn To use the camera, you have to do it inside Jasonelle.

Yeah I’ve looked at all the Jaonelle info that I can find. Nothing explains how to get this working. A real shame as I got my website onto the android app store, but without users being able to use the camera function it is useless. Such a shame

2 Likes

Not sure I’m following :slight_smile:

:small_red_triangle:Camera under Jasonelle

You can ask your questions on :small_red_triangle:Jasonelle forum

We livestreamed the steps on how to make your Bubble Apps iOS native.

You can see the video here!

1 Like