30 Boosts shipped! July 2024 Boost Days Recap

Stop teasing us. When is it? Is there going to be a boost day every month, every quarter?

1 Like

:smiley:
:+1:

Yes, @lindsay.esterman, can someone from the team please update the following list?

2 Likes

Good updates. Except:

“20. Zoom in/out hotkeys: You can now use hotkeys (Cmd Shift + and Cmd Shift -) to zoom in and out on the canvas, making navigation easier without affecting the sidebars.”

Doesn’t work for me (I’m on windows). Ctrl Shift +/- zooms everything including the sidebars.

And… what’s the Windows version for this because Ctrl / does nothing.

"23. Edit dynamic data hotkey: Jump into dynamic data quickly with a new keyboard shortcut:

• Cmd / (US), Cmd - (France), Cmd ö (Germany)"
3 Likes

Great set of updates!!! Thanks Bubble dev team!! :rocket:

Thanks Bubble for these updates. Very handy.

May I request a small little update of myself?

There is an existing keyboard shortcut ctrl-d (or command-d) for duplicating an element in editor. Unfortunately, it works only when we click on elements in canvas and not when we click in element tree. Clicking right element in canvas is quite difficult (that’s why you got element selection in trees, right?) so this cloning of elements also becomes difficult.

Can it please start working when we select element in tree?

Also, earlier this used to create element right below the element I duplicated. Now the new element gets added at the end of the elements in its parent group. Can it just go back to its previous behaviour?

Thanks much. It seems way too silly an input for ideaboard and it may never get any love there.

2 Likes

Awesome updates! Well done to you, @lindsay.esterman and the Bubble team. :fire: :fire:

Bravo Engineering Team, each of these boosts shave off even more time from development, allowing us to produce better and more efficient apps faster. great stuff

These little changes can make such a difference. I’m going to start trying these shortcuts!

same for windows it just zooms in the tab

Great stuff . This request is for the next boosts , let us specify the text row and dot number . For example ‘Lorem ipsum’’ becomes two row due to last ‘psum’ make it ‘Lorem ip…’’

So hear me out here.

Put your official roadmap on pause and just keep doing “Boost Days” or whatever you’re calling this for the next 6 months.

I know it’s crazy but just do it, thank you.

2 Likes

Same here

Thank you!!!
These will really speed things up

1 Like

These are UX flaws / bugs which have been fixed well past due with many more still to hit up. The fact you can tackle so many in a 48 hour period makes me wonder how much smoother the Bubble experience could be if someone had the sole task of working on this full time, you’d think that would be a worthy endeavor for someone on a rolling 3 month contract.

8 Likes

Great Job! Nice improvement

1 Like

What a great idea, this boost days is. Excellent work Bubble team.

1 Like

This is amazing! Really a great job team!

1 Like

@lindsay.esterman you forgot to add:

The team are given cakes for the overall reduction in papercuts across Bubble HQ and the user community :smiley:

Amazing! Now you just need to update your own keyboard shortcut plugin so we can provide this to our users :wink: It has been in “highly experimental” mode for 3 years and still doesn’t support Enter and Tab [New plugin] Mouse & Keyboard Interactions (Highly experimental!) - #69 by rio

Love this!

Can’t get this to work on Mac on a Danish keyboard. Cmd + ø doesn’t seem to do anything.

2 Likes

Awesome to see such initiatives and dynamism! Go Bubble team

2 Likes