30 Boosts shipped! July 2024 Boost Days Recap

Which Bubble Boost is this one?
2024-07-18 11.15.12

8 Likes

I noticed they mentioned the reduction in default width with no mention of the logical complement of default height. Both should be default of 20 and no max. I already can’t stand having to change default height of 60 everytime, 140 is absurd.

6 Likes

Yep, @boston85719 is right - 20px means it isn’t 0px tall and confused new users, whilst still being low enough that we shouldn’t need to manually override it most of the time.

2 Likes

Windows chrome doesn’t seem to work for #21 and #22 (arrow keys, enter, shift enter). What am I missing here?

1 Like

Can’t get these on windows chrome either. What am I missing?

Can you apply #5 everywhere please and not just on the data pages

That’s needed on large screens

1 Like

for those of you asking about the cmd shortcuts not working on windows, could you confirm if you are on the new responsive engine or not? New shortcuts won’t work on the legacy responsive engine

Hey this is my dream but I really think you should consider arrows for traversing the tree.
left right = in out of parent child
up down = up down in group
shift up down = reorder

Seems a lot more intuitive to me.

5 Likes

Using up/down arrows to navigate the element tree is so highly intuitive that it’s problematic that those keyboard shortcuts now instead move elements.

3 Likes

Yep, new responsive engine. Tried both Ctrl and Win instead of Cmd, no luck.

1 Like

Great features! Congrats.
Hot keys are the best

well this new group min h & w being 140px is really not helping, there shouldn’t be any minimum value at all

1 Like

Yes, responsive engine. It’s all I’m using.

great that you made this and especially that you plan more of these. thanks for listening to my relentless feedback.

personally the changes in this update were only small but when you repeatedly do this, once a while you will hit home runs and thats what gets people fired up and wishing to continue building on this great platform

2 Likes

Hotkeys should be working for Windows users now. Sorry about the mix up!

3 Likes

Really amazing improvement for efficient app building process. Thanks!

Can you please fix this issue:
Any API data type with more than one level of nested json just looks like this and is impossible to tell the difference between them. Please just make the width of the dropdown much wider, or at bare minimum allow us to hover over and see the full text.

I was so hoping that this fix would be one of the 30…

20 Likes

okay this is awesome! really great improvements haha

• Also, can we please set the default height of elements to something small like 27px? (fit height to content should be checked, so the minimum isnt really needed in most cases)

• idk about anyone else, but i ALWAYS have to change text and other elements height, because it adds a white background and big tall box that it just not needed or wanted

that’s my input lol

2 Likes

yessss sooo annoying, idk what the devs are seeing this needed for :confused: anyone else need these large presets?

I use it to drag and drop the element inside that group .

1 Like