[Action required for Plugin Authors]: Upgrade to Plugin API v4 by January 4, 2024

Hi @henry.dowling

I know you’ve been working hard at this issue, even reaching out to users like me, but I wanted to let you know I’ve just had yet another plugin break after updating. To make it worse it was brought up by a live user.

If it was up to me, I wouldn’t ever update my plugins unless I needed a specific functionality from an update. If my plug in works, I want it to stay that way. I really, really hope Bubble doesn’t go through this forced update process again. I think it was three separate plugin errors??

I think there needs to be a way for plugin authors to notify their users somehow that there is an error and to recommend a roll back. Otherwise I’m either having to scan the forums or wait for a user on my site to encounter the bug.

It’s not entirely Bubble’s fault, it’s AWS phasing out compatibility for an older code version that Bubble used before the v4 plugin API. I know they wouldn’t unless they really had to.

That’s true. Maybe they just need to work on a better error reporting system for plugins