Add New Sidebar Icon for "API Connector" Default Integration

Adding a new sidebar icon in the left nav bar menu for the “API Connector”, so essentially by default, every new app would have this enabled/active to start using, rather than a plugin, example:

My thinking behind this is that for the “Plugins” section, once something is needed and installed that’s it, apart from periodic updates, there isn’t much reason to go into the “Plugins” tab. Where as with the API Connector, almost every app nowadays will have some kind of 3rd party integration or internal API - I think it’s such a core part of Bubble and such a feature point for Bubble, that housing in it’s own tab will make it practically more accessible and easier to switch to.

Cheers

6 Likes

+1 to this. makes no sense we still have to download it as a plugin and it is tiresome having to always click into the plugin tab to then locate the plugin and then click into that.

1 Like

I’v recommended this probably 2 years ago when they started to review Editor layout. Didn’t check if there’s an ideaboard for this, did you?

2 Likes

Yeah I’ll be honest, didn’t do a thorough check, the Ideaboard is a bit cumbersome to navigate and collective check an idea.

I see a post here Give API Connector its own tab | Bubble
Sums it up nicely…