Any way to speed up creation of QR Codes with Colour QR Code Generator

As the question, I’m generating QR Codes for each user using the Colour QR Code Generator plugin.

To achieve it, I’m running this workflow…

However, it seems to take a huge amount of time to generate the QR Code and save it to the database (sometimes it doesn’t seem to do it at all). I’m thinking it’s probably user error by me having messed up the “Save” option in the WF. I put in “Yes” on save to database. The default was “False” but there wasn’t a “True” option so…I’m not sure if that changes things. If anyone can shed any light on this, I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Don’t know this specific plugin, but if it’s using an API you can use a webhook for it. Usually though, QR creation is just a JS lib and can happen locally. Looks like client-side in this case, so then it depends on your browser. That could take a second or two.

Not sure why you are adding the pause step there but that’s definitely not going to speed things up, and is not good practice. This step should really only be used for visual effects.

1 Like

Check when you add a new event, there should be one that triggers when the QR code is ready. Use that to save the QR code for the user. Right now you have an arbitrary pause which is explains why sometimes it works and sometimes doesn’t

So Button Click → Generate QR code action

Separate workflow event when it’s ready → Make changes to user

2 Likes

Many thanks for your reply. I changed PlugIn as, having got it to work, it proved unreliable (probably user error but I couldn’t fathom out why).

I’m in total agreement with you about the Pause step in the WF. I learned about them from a YouTube, specifically this one, https://youtu.be/Lmb3wkvfx4c?si=j_eSiZrLj7td7Jlj who put the Pause step in round about the 5 minute mark on the basis that Bubble doesn’t necessarily carry out the steps in an expected order requiring the pause and, while that sounded a bit bonkers to me, I put it in anyway. I’ll remove it in my wf with the other plug in anyway.

Thanks again for your interesting input though. I’ve learned from it.

Have a lovely day.

All the best
Joe

Thanks so much for this. The arbitrary Pause did seem strange to me but I got it from this YouTube https://youtu.be/Lmb3wkvfx4c?si=j_eSiZrLj7td7Jlj

I’m going to go back and check the events on the QR Codes I’ve got (I’ve used a different PlugIn since I posted this) but your advice sounds very sensible to use one when the QR is ready. Thank you for that.

All these tips are really helpful and I do appreciate them.

Thank you for your reply.
All the best

Joe

2 Likes